Trouble installing 1P4 Safari extension

sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 4 not working in Mavericks / Safari.

Comments

• catnamedmac
    catnamedmac
    Community Member

I'm encountering additional difficulties converting over to 1Password 4 for Mac from 1Password 3. However, I believe my problem at least starts with the fact that I cannot get the Safari extension to install despite a number of attempts. I have successfully installed it in Firefox and Chrome, but my primary browser is normally Safari so I'd like to get this resolved.

I'm running Mavericks 10.9.1, Safari 7.0.1. I did enable Internet plugins in Safari and enabled access (always allow) under manage websites for the SpeedDownload plugin. (As an aside, I at one time had the SpeedDownload application on my Mac and had to ultimately delete it as it would not work with Safari. I had hoped that those issues would have been resolved by now).

Possibly as a result of the missing browser extension my 1Password mini is non-functional for submitting passwords in Safari.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @catnamedmac.

I'm sorry you're having trouble installing the 1Password 4 browser extension in Safari. Please try installing some other extension in Safari and see if that works. If not, and no other extensions are currently installed, you could give this a try:

• In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder… from the menu bar.
    • Copy and paste the following path into the input box and then press Return:

~/Library/Safari

• Drag both the Extensions and Database folders to your Desktop.

• Then restart Safari and check if you can install the 1P4 browser extension or any others.

If you're still stuck and would like more help through email please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having this extension installation problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.