Refuses to fill long password

website accepts 32, 1P limits to 10
Chase Bank offers a service called QuickPay.

The enrollment form says passwords "Must contain 7-32 characters." (Mouse over the words "password guidelines" to see restrictions.)

But when I try and generate a password, 1Password defaults to a length of 10. If I manually try and drag the slider to 32, and click the Fill button, 1Password gives me this error: "This web page accepts passwords up to 10 characters in length."

I manually created a 32-character password, and it did work. But why wouldn't 1Password do it for me?

Comments

• There is another password field on this page with the maxlength set to 10:

[html] <input name="Securitycode" type="password" maxlength="10" id="Securitycode" title="Required field - enter your Security Code." class="inputTextBox" onfocus="showPopupscode();" onclick="showPopupscode();" onblur="hidePopupscode();" style="width:100px;" />[/html]
  • stevenjklein
    stevenjklein
    Community Member
    roustem wrote:

There is another password field on this page with the maxlength set to 10:

[html] <input name="Securitycode" type="password" maxlength="10" id="Securitycode" title="Required field - enter your Security Code." class="inputTextBox" onfocus="showPopupscode();" onclick="showPopupscode();" onblur="hidePopupscode();" style="width:100px;" />[/html]

AHA! Thank you. I actually did look at the HTML on that page, but only long enough to verify that the maxlength for the password was indeed 32. It never occurred to me that a form would have two different fields where type="password."
This discussion has been closed.