No option for Dropbox sync with iOS devices under 1Password Preferences

Options
CityGal
CityGal
Community Member

Hello there,

I've been using 1P3 on my Mac and both my iPhone and iPad for over three years. I have just upgraded to 1P4 on all those devices, and successfully imported my 1P3 data into 1P4. I knew I was giving up the ability to sync my devices over WiFi, at least temporarily, and am hoping against hope that that or USB syncing will be available very soon. In the meantime it would seem the only option I have is to sync through Dropbox.

I've had a Dropbox account for the past couple of years. I've never made any connection or syncing between 1P3 and Dropbox. I've tried to follow the directions in upgrading to 1P4, but I'm stymied at Dropbox. The instructions say to open 1P4 on the Mac, go to Preferences, and go to General and select "Use Dropbox". The Preferences box I see in Safari (current version) has nothing about Dropbox, nor where my data is currently stored under General. It doesn't resemble the box shown on this page: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/Dropbox/dropbox-all-2.html

The instructions are ambiguous for those of us who already have a Dropbox account, like I have, but have never used it in connection with 1P3 (or 4).

So at the moment I have no way to sync all my three devices. I realize I can sync in iCloud between my iPad and my iPhone, but I'd like to continue to do a full sync every so often with those and my Mac too. Please tell me what to do, because I'm beginning to regret buying both the iOS and the Mac version of these programs and am so far very glad I've not uninstalled 1P3, as I may yet have to revert back to it.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Hey @CityGal,

Here's a guide to setup sync in 1Password 4 for Mac:

1Password 4 sync guide

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

The Preferences box I see in Safari (current version) has nothing about Dropbox<< There's nothing in Safari preferences that relates to 1Password or Dropbox. It's the 1Password preferences where you will see what syncing mechanism to use. If you use the same iCloud account on all your devices you can sync that way. In the iOS version you can sync to both iCloud and Dropbox, on the mac it's either one or the other not both.

This discussion has been closed.