How to sync secondary vault with other accounts and other Macs

Options
JV919
JV919
Community Member

Following the instructions in the Help I created a folder in Dropbox for a secondary vault, loaded it with some entries, and synced it to Dropbox. Then from another account on the same iMac, following the instructions in the Help, I opened Dropbox, opened the secondary vault's folder, and double-clicked on 1password.agilekeychain. I expected this to give me a clone of the secondary vault, but instead it produced a clone of the primary vault on the first account.

I earlier had tried to sync the secondary vault with 1Password on another iMac with similar results. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JV919,

I'm not quite sure which Help document you were looking at when setting up your secondary vault, so I'll just include this article in case you haven't already seen it: How to share a non-primary vault.

Basically, the steps that you want to go through to set up a secondary vault are as follows:

• Select 1Password > New Vault
    • Design your new vault: give it a unique name (let's call this one 'Bob'), change the icon colour, and set a Master Password
    • Add a few items
    • Go to Preferences > Sync and select Dropbox
    • Select the location for your new keychain (you may want to create a 1Password, Bob folder to keep things organized)
    • 1Password will create a bob.agilekeychain in the location you choose

When you log in to your other user account, you'll find the appropriate folder and double-click on the bob.agilekeychain to open the new vault in 1Password.

If you want only the secondary vault on this account and your other iMac, you can follow the directions for Starting Over to wipe the slate clean first.

Please let me know if you run into any snags, we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.