Vanguard Web Site Refuses To Work

smilleruac
smilleruac
Community Member

I'm a new user of 1Password for Mac, so apologies if an answer has been provided--I couldn't find one. Using latest Apple operating system OS X 10.9.1 and 1Password V4.1. Vanguard is a 2 page log-in. Manually, when I enter user name and password, it works perfectly. Through 1Password, it rejects user name and password. Error message on both pages is something like: "The password entered is incorrect. Please reenter your password." Yet I know the user name or password saved in 1Password is correct. Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

That's been the situation with Vanguard's site for quite a while. I believe it first occurred prior to Mavericks but not 100% sure. I had contacted the 1Password support folks about this some time ago and there was no effective solution. Interestingly it's the only site I have ever encountered this issue on. Vanguard must have some kind of security setting that prevents autofill of the data. So I also have to manually copy and paste in those fields.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smilleruac and @pappjo,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the Vanguard login site. While I don't personally have an account there, one of my colleagues does, and he is able to log in successfully by using a Login created following the instructions for Bank of America, another two-page login.

Please try creating a Login using these steps and see if this behaves any better for you :)

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

I've attempted this before. It only works if I disable the auto submit. The saved info is correct but still requires me to disable the auto submit. Can that be done for just one web site or is that only an all or none setting?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pappjo,

I'm so glad to hear that you've found a way to make this work. For some sites, you do need to disable the autosubmit setting. This is usually due to the website's settings. To disable autosubmit for a single entry, just select 'Edit' and scroll down. You'll find the submit option towards the bottom of the entry. :)

This discussion has been closed.