Consistent crash on startup [moved to email]

Options
creative
creative
Community Member
edited January 2014 in Mac

After upgrading from 1password 3 dropbox sync (flawless, never an issue) to v4, app store, nonstop issues and problems. Sync laptop, desktop, iPad, iPhone through the cloud. Consistent difficulties from the start not syncing between two computers. Uninstalled, reinstalled on all devices. More critically however, are the startup crashes on both computers, spinning ball on startup screen, force restart. No startup items in login on either computer, permissions repaired, disk utility shows no errors. Troubleshooting appears to traceback to 1password, especially if the mini is activated. Dropbox 4.1, Mac 10.8.5. Suggestions? Help?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @creative,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with 1Password since upgrading. I'd be happy to help you get things sorted out, but I'm going to need a bit more information about where you are seeing issues.

Sync laptop, desktop, iPad, iPhone through the cloud. Consistent difficulties from the start not syncing between two computers.

We are currently tracking a bug where 1Password Loses Sync Permissions after a System Restart. Please take a look at the linked post for your available options, and a bit more detail on the situation. If you are having a different problem with sync, I'll need a bit more detail to track down where things might be going wrong.

More critically however, are the startup crashes on both computers, spinning ball on startup screen, force restart.

Crashes are never a good thing! Is this a system crash or a crash in 1Password? Just to be sure there's nothing going on with your installation of 1Password, I'd like to take a bit of a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• creative
    creative
    Community Member
    Options

These are consistent, repeatable, SYSTEM crashes at startup. Both diagnostic reports were submitted, awaiting your response. Thank you.

• creative
    creative
    Community Member
    Options

Will you please provide the steps to remove this software and ALL related files from my computer.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @creative.

Did you email us the Diagnostic Report(s) from a different address than the one you're registered with on this forum?

• creative
    creative
    Community Member
    Options

yes, just forwarded both reports from forum email address

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @creative.

I was able to locate a couple reports from you sent about two months ago, with a followup reply from Steve as the last correspondence.

It would be best if you could generate and email us new Diagnostics Reports (including a link to this topic) and we'll work with you directly through email to resolve this issue. Thank you!

• creative
    creative
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Yes, I did generate reports two month's ago and sent them.

I also did regenerate new reports for both mac pro and macbook pro and sent those to you today to the email address support+forum@ agilebits .com minus the spaces with a link to to this topic. Resent from my forum email address, as well. At this point I would prefer to work directly with you through email rather than on the forum. Please confirm receipt of those files and the email address I should be sending to. Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @creative.

Please check your Private Message Inbox for more followup about this. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.