Cannot Fill Item in Web Browser [resolved]

joemurrayaz
joemurrayaz
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I just installed 1Password for and off to a bitter start. I get "Cannot Fill Item in Web Browser" in all three web browsers, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.

Web Browser is connected but its code signature could not be verifed. Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved.

How do I fix this?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited November 2013

@joemurrayaz Take a look and see if anything recommended in this support article helps:

1Password fails to fill data

• joemurrayaz
    joemurrayaz
    Community Member

well I got Firefox and Safari to work. It was Sophos. I had to add an exception for localhost/127.0.0.1.

However, the bigger problem is getting Chrome to work. I found this article and I hope this is not the case:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/chromium.html

If I had known that, I would not have upgraded to 1Password 4 because Chrome is the only browser that I use.

• joemurrayaz
    joemurrayaz
    Community Member

Ok, I got Google Chrome to work. I thought they were referring to Google Chrome in that link but apparently there is another browser name Chromium.

• @joemurrayaz Glad you got everything sorted out! :)

Chromium is the open source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. It's not code signed, so doesn't work with 1Password. But Google Chrome is, therefore works with 1Password.

• hejish
    hejish
    Community Member

I just migrated to a new Mac. I am having the same problem. I too cannot get Safari, Firefox, or Chrome to work. I tried to look through all the suggestions and have failed. I have uninstalled 1password and the plugins and tried to start over. I have Sophos AV - I disabled it. I looked carefully at network settings and made sure proxy settings were set properly.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @hejish.

I'm sorry you're still having trouble getting the 1P4 extension working in your web browser. Since nothing has helped so far we'd like to assist you through email to resolve this. Please start by sending a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• hejish
    hejish
    Community Member

The problem I was having was related to a problem of having a version tucked away somewhere from the user migration. When I searched and deleted ALL versions anywhere on my hard drive, including looking through my start profile (what my mac starts at start) in a truly comprehensive way, and made sure than in all circumstances I had no 1password running, and THEN reinstalled from scratch, It worked ok.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @hejish.

I'm glad you found a way to resolve the problem. In general, not only with 1Password, it can be refreshing to start over and jettison what's not really necessary. :)

This discussion has been closed.