Login not being saved

mmilliss
mmilliss
Community Member
edited January 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've been trying to get 1Password to save my login details for this site, https://onlinebilling.energyaustralia.com.au/energyaustralia/#signin but it doesn't automatically offer to save my details. I've tried manually saving but then the form isn't being populated when I try to use the saved details to access the site.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Matt

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

What web browser are you using?

• mmilliss
    mmilliss
    Community Member

Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Here are my steps:

1. Start Chrome
    2. Navigate to: https://onlinebilling.energyaustralia.com.au/energyaustralia/#signin
    3. Enter a (bogus) username and password
    4. Click on button labelled "Log in"

Result: 1Password does prompt me to auto-save a new login item.

A couple of questions:

1. Auto-Save might be disabled. Can you verify this please? File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Logins > "ask to save new logins in browser(s)"
    2. You might already have a matching login item for energyaustralia.com.au in your 1Password data. This would explain why the auto-save prompt does not appear.
    3. Are you sure the 1Password extension is installed into Chrome? If yes, what version of the 1Password extension are your running? (please click the settings button in the upper-right corner, then click Tools > Extensions)
  • mmilliss
    mmilliss
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestions svondutch.

1. Auto-save is enabled, I did check and it works for other sites as well.
    2. I checked for dups and there wasn't any. I even deleted the one I created manually and retried and it still didn't work.
    3. Extension definitely installed and enabled. I've been using it for many other sites and usually works fine. Version is 3.9.20.99

I did manually save the login but when I click on "Open Login in New Tab" item it opens the tab but doesn't populate the form fields or submit the form. I can get the form populated using the "Fill and Submit Login" item but it still won't submit the form.

Any help appreciated. I'd be happy if I could just get the manually created login working at the moment.

Cheers
    Matt

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

@mmilliss, I'm not able to reproduce the problem, either.

I visited https://onlinebilling.energyaustralia.com.au/energyaustralia/#signin in the same version of Chrome, filled in fake credentials, submitted the form, and accepted 1Password's immediate offer to save a new Login for me. I could press Ctrl+\ to fill the login form on subsequent visits.

What surprised me is that the newly saved Login item doesn't appear in the main 1Password program. (Other new Login items saved from the Chrome extension today do appear in the main program.) I'll ask Development to look into that.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.