Licensing question

I have purchased a 1Password family license for Windows and am currently using it on one machine under two separate user accounts (one for me, one for my wife). It's worth noting that I recently changed this machine so therefore it has been installed on two machines altogether. The old machine is now being reformatted and passed on to someone else. As my wife and I are the same two users, I understand that means that only two licenses have been used since I can install 1Password for Windows on as many machines as I like, provided that we're the same two users using 1Password.

My question is this: how does 1Password track how many users have been used of the 5 licenses, given that it can be installed on many different machines by the same user? I could easily set up a login on another machine as a different Windows username, but still link to the same keychain on my Dropbox. Is it the Dropbox login that defines a 'user'?

The reason I ask is that I'd like to set up 1Password for two other members of my family, who do not live in the same house. Whether this breaks the 'household' terms of the license - I'm not sure. I'm trying to establish under the licensing model whether I'd need to purchase them their own family license or whether they could be covered under mine (thereby taking me to 4 out of the 5 user limit). If they decided in the future that they'd like to stop using 1Password, how can I claim back their 2 user licenses so that I can allocate then to other family members, should I want to?

I'd like to get them using 1Password because it's excellent (and I think everyone ought to have it), but don't want to break the terms of my license.

Thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.