Do 1Password 4 get any new updates? What's about the security?

cypro
cypro
Community Member

I have purchase both 1Password 4 for Mac and for iOS. My question is, with this purchase on both operating systems, any new updates (1Password 5, 6 etc) will be free for both operating systems?
Moreover, is the application open-source? How do I know that you don't store any information on your servers (unencrypted) ?
Sorry for the last question but I love this application is extremly useful for me and I just wan't to solve evrey question.
Cheers

Comments

• Hi @cypro! Welcome to the forums.

You can read our upgrade policy here. The short answer is that under the current policy future major revisions would be paid upgrades (i.e. 1Password 4.1.4 would be free, but 1Password 5 would have a cost). We run pretty Agile around here though (pun intended and appreciated by author) and things are subject to change.

1Password itself is not open source, but our data format is open.

As to how you could tell that we aren't storing any of your sensitive information... if you were so inclined you could run some sort of network traffic monitor, and you'd see that the information isn't being sent to us. That said, most folks don't have the technical expertise or desire to do so, but other 3rd parties have. So, you don't have to take our word for it, you can take their word for it. Or, as I mentioned, if you are technically inclined, you can take a look for yourself.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.