Master password too small

Matth
Matth
Community Member

I know I'm getting old...but the textfield for the master password does has a very small font.

Comments

• JordanB
    JordanB
    Community Member

Agree! Textfield font size is too small.

• Hi Guys! I will be passing on your request to our designer and have him look into it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• @JordanB @Matth Just a quick question, what Android device(s) are you guys using to run 1Password Beta?

• KevShallPerish
    KevShallPerish
    Community Member

It is a little small, I agree with them as well, Huawei Premia 4G on Android 4.0.4.

• Thanks @KevShallPerish. I have passed on your information to our designers!

• mortstar
    mortstar
    Community Member

A +1 for me on this, the password field is really quite small so difficult to check whether what is typed is correct. I'm using a Google Play Edition HTC One (Android 4.4.2 - 1Password Beta 4.0.0b7)

• Thanks @mortstar, I'll add you as an up vote!

• JordanB
    JordanB
    Community Member

Saad, thanks for looking into this. I'm running it on HTC One GP edition and Nexus 7.

• The_Adventist
    The_Adventist
    Community Member

I think that the master password should be able to accept special characters.

Also, I've tested the beta on my BlackBerry Z10 and it runs just as good as it does in my Nexus 4 except for one thing. It cannot access drop box and sync to drop box.

If you get a chance you may want to see about tweaking the Drop box access a bit too see if you can get it to run on the BlackBerry. You don't have to code in BlackBerry as they run APK.

• Firehawk
    Firehawk
    Community Member

I'm running about the smallest Samsung going -- SGH730m Galaxy Discover. So, without my old guy glasses, the text is unreadable.

• I'm agree. I'm testing the program on a Nexus 4 and a tablet 10" and I prefer the font dimension of the 1Password reader.

• Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts, I will continue to pass on your requests to our developers.

@The_Adventist: What version of Blackberry OS are you using? We don't officially support BlackBerry, but we have heard many successful attempts setting up Dropbox. Do you have 'Connect to Dropbox' app installed by any chance?

You should also be able to insert special characters. Is this a problem you're experiencing on your Blackberry or an Android device?

• tedder
    tedder
    Community Member

When I'm tapping my passphrase in, the password "dots" are so small that I occasionally lose count. I wish it was larger. In comparison, the OSX app has almost comically large "dots".

screenshot

• Hey @tedder. Our development team is currently working on some UI changes to the master password screen. Keep an eye out for this in future beta updates. Thanks for your feedback!

• tedder
    tedder
    Community Member

thanks for merging saad :)

• You're welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.