Old passwords?!

Options
Abe
Abe
Community Member

Recently upgraded to v4 and have had trouble since. It says it is syncing, bug some passwords are now 3 years old. And the desktop application won't login to sites anymore. I'm concerned I've lost data and confidence in this app.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Abe,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password 4. Let's see if we can't get this sorted out!

First of all, in order to find out what's going on with syncing, I'll need a bit more detail:

• What is the version number of 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices currently running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep your devices in sync?

For filling difficulties with the desktop application, please take a look at this article: 1Password fails to fill data and try each solution if it applies. If you are still having difficulties after the steps in the article, please let me know and we'll investigate further. :)

• Abe
    Abe
    Community Member
    Options

I use the most recent version on my iPhone. 3.8.2.1 for Mac. And 1.0.9.340 for Windows 7. All synced back to Dropbox. I installed the new iPhone app. Because it said the version I had wasn't able to sync. I think, when I upgrade, it took old data from my iPhone and overwrote everything.

• Abe
    Abe
    Community Member
    Options

And I have the extension for safari, chrome on the Mac, and for explorer on the PC.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Abe,

If you chose the "import from the previous version" when you upgraded your iOS device to 1Password 4 and then synced to Dropbox, the data from 1Password 3 for iOS would have been merged with your current database. If the data on your iOS device was outdated, you might want to restore your database from a backup. To restore from a backup on your Mac, select File > Restore Data File from Backup, and select a date prior to when you upgraded your phone.

If you require a bit more assistance with this process, please let me know and we'll get a Diagnostic Report to take a closer look at your system :)

This discussion has been closed.