Updating from 3.8 to 4.1

Options

I have a licensed version of 1Password purchased from the Agilebits Store. I am going to upgrade my macbook pro to Mountainlion how do I upgrade 1Password to 4.1.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Silvrstreek,

Head on over to our upgrade page and enter your current license key in the field at the top to see your available discount on our various 1Password 4 license packages. :) You can download 1Password 4 here: https://agilebits.com/downloads.

If you run into any snags during the upgrade process, we're here for you!

• Silvrstreek
    Silvrstreek
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your help. I have purchased 1 Password 4 at the discount. Once I install Mountain Lion, version 3.8 will not be compatible, can I just install version 4.1 over 3.8 and all my passwords will be there or do I need to uninstall 3.8 then install 4.1 and sync to dropbox to restore my passwords.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Silvrstreek,

Please back up your 1Password database before you install MountainLion, just as a precaution. :) As long as you are not doing a clean install (wiping your harddrive before installing the new operating system), 1Password 4 should locate your datafile from 1Password 3, even if it's not stored in Dropbox. I'm including our Setting Up 1Password guide here, for your reference.

Please let me know how things work for you!

This discussion has been closed.