Can I use 1Password4 to login to iPhone apps?

DavidVN
DavidVN
Community Member

Many apps require a login. One in particular that I use a lot is for making deposits to my Wells Fargo bank accounts. Is there any way to automate that login?

Thanks!

Comments

• Jasper
    edited January 2014

Hey @DavidVN,

No. You'll need to copy and paste your login information into other apps. Due to the sandboxing of apps on iOS, Apple does not provide developers with a way to directly integrate with other apps. Autofill only works within the 1Password app (1Browser).

But here's a tip for quickly copying a password, use the "action bar". If you swipe right across a login, you can easily copy the password by tapping the clipboard icon:

And 1Password will automatically clear out the clipboard within a given time period to ensure that your important information does not stay in the clipboard after you no longer have a need for it.

Hope that helps! :)

• DavidVN
    DavidVN
    Community Member

Not sure what the "action bar" is but I'll try to figure it out. Thanks! Also, maybe TextExpander could help me with this?

• Hey @DavidVN,

This is the action bar:

Swipe right across a login to reveal it. You can easily delete an item, mark as favourite, go and fill in 1Browser, or copy the password (as I recommended above).

And no, TextExpander would not be a good solution for this. Not only does TextExpander only work in a limited number of apps (for universal access, the built-in iOS shortcuts would work better), but trusting your password to an unencrypted form such as this would not be a good idea.

• DavidVN
    DavidVN
    Community Member

Thanks. Very helpful!

This discussion has been closed.