1Password has encountered a problem

I'm recieving this error on Windows 7 using IE 9 or 10. It is random to some of my longin saved sites. It just seem to get worse from the latest Windows updates or that I just recently purchase a MacBook and installed it there. The erro is that the "Login " " does not appear to contain any fields" So I have to type it in manually and then 1Password asks me again to save the login info. Anyone else having this problem and what is causing it? It get frustrating as I have to find my login for the site to login. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

There are definitely site coding styles that make it hard for 1Password to detect a form or at least the username and password fields on a form, and sometimes make it hard for 1Password to fill a form or submit a filled form.

When you encounter a login form that 1Password fails to detect (on submission), try this:

Go back to the login form, fill in your username and password WITHOUT submitting the form, invoke the 1Password extension, and click the "+" button. 1Password may let you fill in any missing information and save a Login item for the site.

If that doesn't work:

Launch the 1Password program; click the +Login tool; enter the URL (location) of the site's login form, your username, and your password; and save the new Login item.

Please let us know how it goes, @JerrySec.

• JerrySec
    JerrySec
    Community Member

Thanks DBrown. Will try that. Haven't checked all my logins, but right now it seems to happen with GMail account. Thanks for the info!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That's surprising, @JerrySec: 1Password works great with Gmail for me.

Please let us know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.