When will 1P provide accessibility for the visually impaired??

Before purchasing 1Password for Windows I would like to see some consideration given to accessibility for the visually impaired. The core product seems fine for my needs but the user I/F doesn't consider those unable to read "tiny fonts". Will the product upgrade provide that?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014

We are keenly aware of the need, @jwk, and this is just one aspect of the accessibility work that we plan to do, once primary development of 1Password 4 for Windows settles.

It saddens me that we don't have the resources to incorporate accessibility into the earliest stages of development, but be assured that we are aware of the gap and intend to close it as soon as possible.

We would welcome your input, @jwk, so I hope you'll sign up to join the 1Password 4 for Windows beta family: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• jwk
    jwk
    Community Member

Thanks for the RE: DBrown. I understand the resource limits. It's good to know the need is acknowledged.
    The trial version that got installed is 1.0.9.xxx. Will the "1Password 4 for Windows" you reference be next, and soon?
    In addition to font size, the features provided as toolbar icons only is also a problem. Those selections need to be available as menu selections as well. Having a text description with the icon would also be helpful. The "icon only" features issue is particularly problematic in the dialog that comes up when 1Password is invoked in IE (Internet Explorer). Those icons are near impossible to see, yet determine what dialog page shows up -- very difficult or impossible to use.
    Any estimate on when the upgrade that addresses accessibility issues might be available? I need to decide on a PW management tool to buy.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Yes, 1Password 4 for Windows will be the next major release.

From your follow-up, I realize that you are talking about the browser extensions, not the main 1Password program. The extensions included with 1Password 4 for Windows look different, altogether, and use menus with text labels that I assume will be much easier for you to use.

This discussion has been closed.