Data inside windows application does not match passwords in firefox add-on

Options
kaasboer
kaasboer
Community Member
edited January 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I need to re-install my PC, so i needed to export my 1pass data. I started the application through the firefox addon, and then i noticed that the data did not match. Some newly created passwords where not in the 1password application. If i create a new one right now, it gets added in the application. But there is a 'gap' in the data, i guess a couple of weeks (3/4). I really don`t understand why this is? Is there a way to sync the password data in the firefox add-on to the application so i can make a backup to migrate to a new PC?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kaasboer, please try launching the main 1Password program and choosing Help > Restart 1Password Helper.

We're hoping that'll trigger the communication between 1Password and the extension to do its job. (A Windows restart should do the same thing.)

Please let us know how it goes.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

please try launching the main 1Password program and choosing Help > Restart 1Password Helper

then start Firefox, and unlock 1Password.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2014
    Options

Thanks, @svondutch!

@kaasboer, you'll have to start Firefox and unlock the 1Password extension in order to see whether the problem is resolved, but I should've mentioned that.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Actually, you need to unlock the 1Password extension in order to kick the sync into gear.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

...and, in the process of seeing whether the problem is solved, trigger the sync.

This discussion has been closed.