On iPhone, screen should not rotate upside down (home on top)

noelbernie
noelbernie
Community Member
Hi guys,

using the latest iPhone 1Password Pro, I noticed that you allow rotating upside down the view.
ie with the Home button on top.

Apple apps don't do that, as well as the vast majority of other apps, and this for a good reason :

Lay down in bed, then rotate on your right side.The correct position would be Landscape mode obviously.
-> With Mail.app for example, the view will be locked in landscape mode, allowing you to read like that.
-> With 1P, the screen will rotate back to vertical mode, with the home button on top.

This is a nice implementation feature of Apple, please do the same ;-)

Thanks !

noelbernie

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    noelbernie wrote:

Hi guys,

using the latest iPhone 1Password Pro, I noticed that you allow rotating upside down the view.
    ie with the Home button on top.

Apple apps don't do that, as well as the vast majority of other apps, and this for a good reason :

Lay down in bed, then rotate on your right side.The correct position would be Landscape mode obviously.
    -> With Mail.app for example, the view will be locked in landscape mode, allowing you to read like that.
    -> With 1P, the screen will rotate back to vertical mode, with the home button on top.

This is a nice implementation feature of Apple, please do the same ;-)

Thanks !

noelbernie

Hi noelbernie

I cant say for a fix, but this behavior is related to 1password pro being compatible with the iPad, Apple apps like iBooks, and Mail rotate all the way around like this on my wife's iPad. So off hand I am not sure that its something that can be fixed since again its a one stop app for all platforms.

However if you are running iOS 4 double tap the home button to bring up the app switcher swipe right once you do this you will see a rotation lock icon on the left side.

Roustem will most likely need to comment on if there is anything that can be done.

• noelbernie
    noelbernie
    Community Member
    Thanks for the reply Tommy,

On iPad it is perfectly fine and normal to rotate all the way around, but on iPhone almost no app is doing that, for the reasons I explained above.

This behavior can be controlled by the dev, differently for the iPad and the iPhone part of the code, so it's not impossible to fix I think.
    To take your example of iBooks, which is an universal app, it does not rotate all the way on the iPhone, but it does on the iPad.
    Other examples of universal apps that don't rotate all the way (i just tested) : delivery status, google earth.

The lock in taskbar will lock it in Portrait mode, when I'm actually talking about locking it in landscape mode, but only when home button is on top.

It's a small issue, that I just noticed after 2 years of using 1Password on my iPhone ;-)
    but it's an issue nonetheless, so it'd be cool if it could get fixed at some point in the future...

Thanks !

noelbernie
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    noelbernie wrote:

Thanks for the reply Tommy,

On iPad it is perfectly fine and normal to rotate all the way around, but on iPhone almost no app is doing that, for the reasons I explained above.

This behavior can be controlled by the dev, differently for the iPad and the iPhone part of the code, so it's not impossible to fix I think.
    To take your example of iBooks, which is an universal app, it does not rotate all the way on the iPhone, but it does on the iPad.
    Other examples of universal apps that don't rotate all the way (i just tested) : delivery status, google earth.

The lock in taskbar will lock it in Portrait mode, when I'm actually talking about locking it in landscape mode, but only when home button is on top.

It's a small issue, that I just noticed after 2 years of using 1Password on my iPhone ;-)
    but it's an issue nonetheless, so it'd be cool if it could get fixed at some point in the future...

Thanks !

noelbernie

Cool, can you tell I always use the iPhone usually while standing. :lol: Dont use ibooks etc so yep hope Roustem can implement a solution for you, and I suspect others.
This discussion has been closed.