What's wrong with Fidelity?

PWChinook
PWChinook
Community Member

I only use my Fidelity login with 1PW infrequently. Lately, double clicking on the item takes me to the Fidelity login page but the login fails (Fidelity does not accept some part of the login). If I click on the key and try entering the login information that way, the result is the same. But if I do a copy/paste of the ID and PW manually, it goes through. Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Sometimes saving a new login manually for the site solves problems like this. If it doesn't help, giving the exact URL you are using may help others to help you.

Stephen

• PWChinook
    PWChinook
    Community Member

the URL I use is:
    https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/Fidelity/RtlCust/Login/Init?AuthRedUrl=https://oltx.fidelity.com/ftgw/fbc/ofsummary/defaultPage

When my login fails, this directs me to:
    https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/Fidelity/RtlCust/Login/Response

this also does not work using the "key" at the top bar.

But, using the second URL, I copy/paste my ID and PW from the exact same Item in 1PW, the login is successful.

This does not make sense as 1PW should be inserting the same info in the same fields... ??

• Hi @PWChinook,

Banks are notorious for doing things that break password managers (sometimes intentionally, sometimes not). I have saved a login item for Fidelity that appears to work. I can't confirm, as I don't have an actual account with them. You can try this out using this item:

Fidelity login item (1PIF)

To use this, unzip it, import it into 1Password, and change the username and password fields from the test values to your actual login information. Then try using the new login item to login to Fidelity.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Thanks!

Ben

• PWChinook
    PWChinook
    Community Member

I clicked on the link (no unzipping), downloaded to my desktop; clicked on it and it prompted asking if I wanted to import into 1PW; I clicked yes; it came into 1PW as "Fidelity Test". I changed the ID and PW to my own and tried to open with it. It failed as before and it seems the ID/PW were unchanged from your values (I saved mine and the new Item shows mine so this is VERY confusing).

As before, if I copy/paste the values from Fidelity Test into the Fidelity page, it worked OK...??

• If you edit the item and hit the "Show web form details" button you should be able to change all instances of the test values.

• PWChinook
    PWChinook
    Community Member

Do I delete the incorrect information under Web Form Details? Is ssn Social Security No? I don't have that in any of my stuff (intentionally)?

• @PWChinook,

It doesn't appear that "ssn-visible" is a reference to social security number. In my test case that field contained the username, not the social security number. The "ssn" field and "ssn-visible" field are for the username, and the "pin" field is for the password. You'd replace the information in these fields with your actual information (vs the test information).

Thanks!

• PWChinook
    PWChinook
    Community Member

OK, now the Fidelity Test works. It looks like Fidelity (my unworking version) and Fidelity Test are the same except for the website designation.

Would you have solved my issue by simply giving me the other website? Can you tell me how you came about your Fidelity website designation?

Many thanks!

• @PWChinook

By website designation do you mean the URL? I'm honestly not entirely sure of the answer to this question. The test login I had saved was one that I created based on another customer's feedback that their login was not working. I went to the Fidelity login page that the customer had sent me and created the login that you see in the above 1PIF file (which filled fine for me, and also helped that customer if I recall).

In any event, I'm glad to hear that you now have a login saved that is working.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.