1P does not properly record form input from current Wordpress admin pages

jaked.902
jaked.902
Community Member

When adding a new user via the Wordpress backend (WP 3.8.1), the "user" field is not recorded. Please fix this.

Safari 7.0.1 (9537.73.11) on OS X 10.9.1 13B42, 1P version 4.1.2 (412009)

Comments

• Try saving a new login for that site following these instructions:

Saving a new Login manually

• jaked.902
    jaked.902
    Community Member

Thanks Jasper, it's an easy fix, all I needed to do was fill the fields manually in the 1P entry which I've become accustomed to doing over many years of using it. Fact remains that this is a simple basic form, as well as a fairly common one, and should be read accurately by 1P in the first place.

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jaked.902,

Typically this kind of thing happens when the internals of the form differs significantly from when the password was first saved. So it really isn't a question of how simple the form is, but in how different it is from what 1Password initially saved.

1Password will often be saving things from a registration or sign-up page, and then trying to fill on a login page. Usually this works, but there will be times when the internals of the form will differ enough in field names, that we run into the problem you encountered. By going through the "Saving a new Login manually" steps that @JasperP point you to, you are retraining 1Password on the correct page.

You might find yourself doing this every now and again, but once you do it for a Login, then it should be able to fill that page very well after that (until the website changes the nature of the form too much.) I hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.