1Password App and Web plug-in not synced

Grummz
Grummz
Community Member

Having numerous problems with this and other issues. I'm on Mac and PC, Mac is running ver 4, PC is running 3 (I think). I sync via Dropbox.

A few symptoms:

1) My PC seems to have my most recent logins, but the Mac did not until I reset dropbox sync.

2) Now the Mac 1password web plug-in for Safari seems to work and have all passwords.

3) However, when I open the 1password app on my Mac, it does not have these passwords! In fact, it does not have some of my first logins that I created, as well as many of the recent ones. How can it be different between the web plug-in and the app itself on the same computer?

4) On the PC, clicking the "plus" icon in the web plug-in will not let me manually add a new login.

5) Syncing seems broken again between PC and Mac, with new PC logins no longer propagating to Mac. Don't want to reset dropbox sync again for fear of corrupting things further.

6) PC version has same issue between web plug-in and app not matching. App shows far, far, fewer logins than the web plug-in

This has caused a huge drop of confidence for me in 1Password. If I lost that data, I would have to reset all of my logins or worse, fail to get back into some sites. right now I have to hop between PC and Mac, web plug-in and app, to login or perform functions depending on what is working or showing up in each instance. Complete pain.

For such a critical application, this corruption is intolerable and alarming.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Grummz,

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with 1Password lately! I think the quickest way to get this sorted out is to take a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report for both your Mac and your PC?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.