1Password no longer fills in UID and password

Hi, I'm running 1Password Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) on Safari Version 7.0.1 (9537.73.11). For some reason over the past month or so 1Password no longer fills in my user ids or passwords on websites. I have to go back to the login and copy/paste. How can I fix this?

Comments

• rlheest
    rlheest
    Community Member

Same for me. I am also running Safari 7.0.1 and 1Password will no longer fill in userids or passwords. I must also use cut/paste to make it work. Is this incentive to buy a new version?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bwanabob and @rlheest,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the extension and Safari lately. Please see our article here: "Problem with database" in v3 extension in Safari on OS X Mavericks and reinstall the extension according to Khad's instructions. Please let me know if this helps.

• bwanabob
    bwanabob
    Community Member

Hi Megan, I followed the instructions, deleted the extension and reloaded it from your web site. Still doesn't work. I only found one Safari extension. is it the same for 3.8 and 4?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bwanabob,

The 1Password extension is different between version 3 and 4. You should be downloading version 3 extensions from here: https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html.

If you do have the version 3 extension installed, I'd like to take a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• davism
    davism
    Community Member

I have the same problem. I don't think it coincided with the latest OS update, but it might have been. The instructions Megan provides did not work. See below for system configuration and steps taken.

OS X: 10.9.1
    Safari: 7.0.1
    1Password: 3.8.21 (Build 32009)
    1P Extension: 3.9.20

Short and sweet: 1Password will not fill in any fields in Safari anymore. Not Logins, not Identities, not Credit Cards. If I use Go & Fill, the correct page will load in Safari, but the input fields remain blank.

I have reinstalled the browser extension and restarted the browser at least twice. I have rebuilt the data file and restarted 1Password. I have manually deleted existing entries in ~/Library/Safari/Extensions and ~/Library/Safari/Databases, as described here:
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/17249/problem-with-database-in-v3-extension-in-safari-on-os-x-mavericks#latest

(This was because of the forum recommendation here: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/20512/1password-no-longer-fills-in-uid-and-password)

I downloaded the diagnostic utility, and it has been running for a very long time without finishing.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davism,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with filling lately!

Let's try generating a report using a different tool: Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.