Safari and 1Password Mini not sync properly with 1Password 4.1.2 on my Mac [moved to email]

FWL
FWL
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I have a different problem than most of the sync problems with Dropbox discussed in this forum.

I recently found out that whenever I tried to access some Web Login password from within Safari and/or the 1Password Mini, I could not find some of them even though those missing passwords were in the main 1Password app on the same computer. That is I can find them in 1Password 4.1.2 but missing in the Safari and/or 1Password mini.

I had the same problem whether I use my Mac Pro or MacBook Pro Retina. All of them have Mac OS 10.8.5 installed. I use Dropbox to sync my 1Password keychains.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Francis.

Comments

• FWL
    FWL
    Community Member

I also noticed that dates of my Dropbox 1Password.agilekeychain on the two Macs are different: Mac Pro is Jan 11 vs Jan 17 2014 on the MacBook Pro. Shouldn't these dates be the same if Dropbox is syncing every half 10 minutes or so?

I then logged into my Web Dropbox account to check agilekeychain file there. To my surprise the dates are much older: Sep 20, 2013 or before.

I just don't understand how we can have different dates for the same file my 1Password is referring to? Very confusing!

• dschloss
    dschloss
    Community Member

Please check if we could possibly have the same issue - see my post at bottom of this thread

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FWL,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password lately! Let's see if we can't get you sorted out here. :)

I recently found out that whenever I tried to access some Web Login password from within Safari and/or the 1Password Mini, I could not find some of them even though those missing passwords were in the main 1Password app on the same computer. That is I can find them in 1Password 4.1.2 but missing in the Safari and/or 1Password mini.

Please edit these items in the main app and check the 'display' settings. It sounds to me like these might be set to 'Never display in browser', which would hide them from the Mini and the browser extension.

I also noticed that dates of my Dropbox 1Password.agilekeychain on the two Macs are different: Mac Pro is Jan 11 vs Jan 17 2014 on the MacBook Pro.

Please don't be too worried about the modified date of your 1Password.agilekeychain. This is not actually a singular file, but a bundle of files. If you right-click on the keychain in Finder and select 'Show Package Contents', you can see what the keychain is actually made of. When you change an entry, you are changing one of the files inside the data folder, and you should see the modified date update here.

Now, if you are seeing that data is not syncing between your computers and devices, please do let us know and we'll investigate further!

Hi @dschloss,

I see that @sjk has responded to the thread you mention with a request for a Diagnostic Report. Please send one in to our support team your earliest convenience so we can provide you with some more direct support for your issue! :)

• FWL
    FWL
    Community Member

Please edit these items in the main app and check the 'display' settings. It sounds to me like these might be set to 'Never display in browser', which would hide them from the Mini and the browser extension.>

I could not find anything in 1PW about "display" settings in the Main apps. Where is this set? Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

Hi, @FWL.

This article explains (and shows) the Never display in browser setting for Login items:

My Account > Login items are not showing up in 1Password mini

To email us a Diagnostics Report see these instructions:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• FWL
    FWL
    Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply. I just emailed the Diagnostic report to you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

Report received, @FWL - thanks!

We'll follow up directly through email now to avoid duplicating efforts or causing any confusion between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.