michaelk842
Community Member
edited February 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I assume this has to do with the compatibility problem but:

I have 1P for Windows 1.0.9.340

1P extension for FF 3.9.20

Firefox 26.0

Windows 7

1P for Windows locks as expected after time limits, screensaver, etc. but the browser extension never locks unless I exit the browser.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I believe the browser extensions should lock after the specified number of minutes of computer inactivity, assuming you have that option enabled in 1Password preferences, and should also follow the rules set by the other auto-lock options there.

Is that not the case for you?

• michaelk842
    michaelk842
    Community Member

No. As long as I keep Firefox open, the browser extension stays unlocked, past the idle time I've set for locking, and through screensaver activation, etc., all the triggers which lock the main application. I actually think this is new behavior, that it didn't behave that way a month or so ago, though I can't remember if anything has been updated or changed, and I may just be confusing this with the behavior on my Mac.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Running 1Password version 1.0.9.340, including version 3.9.20 of the extension for Firefox 27, in Windows 7:

I just set the time-out period to one minute, left the main program running, launched Firefox, and confirmed that the 1Password extension was unlocked.

Then I left the mouse and keyboard alone for one minute.

I actually heard two distinct "locking" sounds and checked: both the main program and the extension in Firefox were locked.

So, I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my system, @michaelk842.

This discussion has been closed.