Moved 3.8.2 version onto new MacBook Pro and cannot access 1Password from Applications Folder

Options

Like the title says, I cannot access my 1Password app from the Applications folder using Mac OS X 10.9.1. I can, however access through the Safari extension. I purchased 1Password version 4, but I cannot access the application due to misplaced master password for app. I want to do a clean install of version 4, but I do not want to loose all my saved passwords. How can I do it?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rtaft1,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password lately, and I'd be happy to help you get sorted out. It sounds to me like the only way you currently have access to your password database is via the extension - is that correct? I think the quickest way to get you sorted out here is to see a Diagnostic Report. Please generate one using the instructions below:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.