A glitch?

RMSko
RMSko
Community Member
edited February 2014 in iOS

Yesterday I changed a setting in my iPad version that allowed numbered entries to appear at the top of the list instead of at the bottom. However, today they reverted back to the bottom of the list and the option isn't there anymore. Anyone have any thoughts on how/why this happened?

I also have three other issues/questions:

1. Is there a way to copy a record via the iPad or iPhone app? I see how to do it on my Mac, but don't see a way to do it on the iOS device.
  2. On my Mac there is a category called "Passwords", which is a great category. However, the category doesn't exist on my iPad and although it does exist on my iPhone, I can't add any info to the "password" field. I know there may be a "Generated Password" category, but I think this is different?
  3. Is there a way to create a customized category? For example, "Codes" and "Warranties" would be great categories.

I'm migrating from SplashID and I love the program (appolgize for all the info in one post)!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RMSko,

First of all, welcome to 1Password! I do hope that you're enjoying it so far! Let's see if we can't get these glitches straightened out now :)

Yesterday I changed a setting in my iPad version that allowed numbered entries to appear at the top of the list instead of at the bottom. However, today they reverted back to the bottom of the list and the option isn't there anymore.

I'm not quite sure how you managed to do that, actually. There's no setting for that in the iOS app, and I wasn't able to find one in the Settings.app either. Disappearing setting perhaps? Just for curiosity's sake, what is the version number of 1Password you have installed on your iPad?

Is there a way to copy a record via the iPad or iPhone app? I see how to do it on my Mac, but don't see a way to do it on the iOS device.

There is not currently a way to copy a record from the iOS app. I'd be happy to let the developers know that you'd like to see this option in the future though!

On my Mac there is a category called "Passwords", which is a great category. However, the category doesn't exist on my iPad and although it does exist on my iPhone, I can't add any info to the "password" field. I know there may be a "Generated Password" category, but I think this is different?

The 'Passwords' category should exist in both Mac and iOS. In 1Password 3 it was called 'Generated Passwords', but in 1Password 4 this category is just called 'Passwords'. All generated passwords are stored here, but you could also use this category for any miscellaneous passwords you might need to save. However, if you don't have any entries in this category, it might not show up. Try adding a password using the '+' icon in the top menu bar, just to test things out.

Is there a way to create a customized category? For example, "Codes" and "Warranties" would be great categories.

Customized categories are not yet available in 1Password 4. It is an often requested feature though, and I've added a vote for you to the issue in our tracker. :)

I hope this answers your questions, but if there's anything else you'd like us to help with, don't hesitate to ask!

• RMSko
    RMSko
    Community Member

Hi. Thanks so much for the detailed response! Re the first point, I'm running v4.3.2 on my two iOS devices, but as I'm thinking about it, maybe it was in the Mac version that I saw that option and made the change to sort numeric value at the top?

Regarding the Password category, it does exist in my iPhone version, but it definitely is NOT an option in my iPad version (the category choices go from "Passport" to "Reward Program"). Also, on both my iPad or iPhone versions, when I go into the Password category, there's no "+" to add an additional item (there is a "+" for all the other categories). The only way I can add a password item in iOS is by selecting the "+" on the "All Items" page, but again, this only works on my iPhone and does not work on my iPad. However, even on my iPhone, if I try to add a new Password entry, I can select the category, but when I try to type in the password field for a new entry, the field remains blue and the iPhone keyboard does not come up, i.e., there is no way to add text under the "password" field. In contrast, when I'm using my Mac, I'm able to edit all fields in the Password category and it works fine. Perhaps this is a glitch with the current s/w?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RMSko,

maybe it was in the Mac version that I saw that option and made the change to sort numeric value at the top?

I'm thinking that this is probably where you saw it as well. (If you're curious, you can find it in Preferences > Advanced: Sorting.)

Regarding the Password category, it does exist in my iPhone version, but it definitely is NOT an option in my iPad version (the category choices go from "Passport" to "Reward Program").

Huh. Well, go figure. You've found a bug there. My apologies for not spotting it sooner! I've passed this along to our iOS dev, and we'll get that sorted out for you just as soon as possible. :)

if I try to add a new Password entry, I can select the category, but when I try to type in the password field for a new entry, the field remains blue and the iPhone keyboard does not come up

This is a known issue that we hope to have solved in the next update for 1Password 4 for iOS. I do apologize for the inconvenience!

This discussion has been closed.