Exporting in Clear text

Options
shahriarir
shahriarir
Community Member

I would like to export my login/passords and other information in clear text to be placed in a bank safety deposit box. My spouse and children are not that tech savvy and I would like them to be able to access my accounts in the event that they need to and I am incapacitated or worse :-) Can this be done? If so, how?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good question, @shahriarir!

It's certainly not always a pleasant thing to think about, but it is wise to have a plan. We love Mike Vardy's 1Password Emergency Kit. It's a simple way to keep track of your Master Password and other critical information for a loved one in the event you are unable to access your 1Password data yourself.

That way you don't have to store an unencrypted copy of your data anywhere, and if you are syncing via Dropbox your loved one can access your data via 1PasswordAnywhere from, well, anywhere. :)

If you do just want to print a hard copy of your data in plain text, just use the File > Print command from the menu bar.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• shahriarir
    shahriarir
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you; the obvious escaped me. Never thought of simply printing as I thought that only one, the open, login item would print. Thanks again for pointing the path :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Happy to help. I'm glad it was that simple. Have a great week! :)

This discussion has been closed.