Searching in 1Password 4.5b30 comes back with incorrect (zero) results

Options
roktoberguard
roktoberguard
Community Member

Hello,

First of all, I hate to use such a sweeping title for a discussion. But, after thinking about it for several minutes, I could not come up with anything better. I'll try to provide as much detail as possible to help isolate the issue.

My testing environment:

• 1Password Beta 4.5b30
  • iOS 7.04
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), Model A1403

Description:
When attempting a search in 1Password 4.5b30, I get zero results, which is incorrect. For example, I have three entries containing the string "simple" in the title. Two are Logins, one is a Secure Note. However, once I type "simple" in the search field (from All Items), I get zero results back:

http://wombubba.com/images/1p_search_results.PNG
http://wombubba.com/images/1p_search_results_ipad.PNG

Attempting the same search from 1Password Version 4.2.BETA-1 (420001) on my Mac shows the correct results (3 entries).

Troubleshooting steps:

• made sure the 1Password 4.5b30 database is synced and current
  • quit and relaunch 1Password 4.5b30 on my iPhone
  • Quit 1Password 4.5b30, power down and restart the iPhone

After taking all of these steps, I am still experiencing the problem with 1Password 4.5b30

For testing purposes, I have 1Password Pro 3.72 and 1Password 4.3.2 also installed on my iPhone. I also have multiple versions of 1Password running on my Mac.

BUT, I never have multiple versions for the same platform running concurrently.

Interestingly, I am not seeing the problem with 1Password 4.3.2 on the same iOS devices. So, it seems to be affecting the beta only.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, same here - zero search results using the latest beta

• Thanks for the great report @roktoberguard and the confirmation @HRD! I've been able to replicate this issue as well so we'll get it taken care of. Out of curiosity, what happens if you let the search results load after typing in each letter of your search? s-pause for search results, i-pause for search results, m-pause for search results, p-pause for search results, l-pause for search results, e-pause for search results.

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. But in my case, I was looking for an item with the type "Generated Password", i.e. when you use the strong password generator to create a password.

When I search while waiting for the results after each letter (waiting for the spinning wheel to disappear), as you have suggested, Michael, it finds what I was looking for.

Regards,
    Michael

• roktoberguard
    roktoberguard
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

@MrRooni (Michael)-

Thanks for your reply. I'm relieved I wasn't going crazy. Core functionality in 1P is normally very reliable for me. :-)

I tried the test you suggested. Entering a letter, then pausing, does work. Adding the pause between each key press does work — I get the correct results.

Please let me know if you need me to run any additional tests.

• Thanks everyone, and sorry for the trouble here. You should find proper searching returning with the next beta that goes out. If not, don't hesitate to let me know!

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni Any progress on rectifying this?

• Yes indeed, we've got it fixed in our current internal build. We're holding off on our next public beta while we finish up a change to 1Password's sync underpinnings.

I don't have an expected date for the next public beta yet, except to say that it probably won't be this week. Sorry for the delay!

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni Any progress with this update?

The beta process does appear to have ground to a halt.

• Good morning @HRD. We're still working out some issues with our changes to 1Password's sync implementation. If we posted another beta with the way things are right now, no one would be able to sync anymore, and that would cause more trouble than the handful of issues in the current beta you're using.

I promise that we are working on it and will post a public beta as soon as it's ready. We're still following our Tuesday/Friday beta release schedule internally with private betas, and the rest of the app is looking quite good!

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• mAcElite
    mAcElite
    Community Member
    Options

Just want to add, that also get no results from search in the latest 3 betas.

Kind Regards

• HenryY
    HenryY
    Community Member
    Options

I tried this on both the iPad and iPhone.

In Organize -> All Items, the search doesn't seem to search for Item Name.

• Thanks @HenryY and @mAcElite, the next public beta should have this problem fixed. We're working on getting that next beta out as soon as possible.

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.