Dropbox sync appears to work...

lawrenceingram
lawrenceingram
Community Member

Using

1Password 4.3.2 on iOS7 & iPhone 5S
1Password (probably 4.3.2 on my wife's iPhone 5 with iOS7)
1Password 4.1.2 (412009) with OSX Mavericks 10.9.1

I have sync set up over dropbox, but I don't get any errors. Sync appears to be successful. However, I've recently noticed that none of my logins/passwords entered on my mobile device have been syncing to my desktop. So I have two basic questions...

1. Can I get the sync to work, saving the logins entered on my mobile device?
  2. If not, can I export my mobile 1password file to import only changed information on my desktop 1password?

I have looked at other posts on Dropbox sync, but they all seem to involve error messages or continuous syncing problems. I don't think mine is the same.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Lawrence

Comments

• osakavg
    osakavg
    Community Member

I have the same issue. I am using the betas on iPhone, iPad and Mac. I specifically deleted all data in Dropbox, synced the Mac and linked my iPhone to that keychain.

However, no matter what I do, syncing does not occur. In either direction.

Both applications state that syncing has occurred but the data in both devices remains unchanged.

Thanks.

Dave.

• RMSko
    RMSko
    Community Member

I'm running the betas on Mac and PC and have no issue syncing via Dropbox to my iPhone or iPad. However, I'm not running betas on either my iPhone or iPad. BTW - how do I get the beta iPhone/iPad app?

• lawrenceingram
    lawrenceingram
    Community Member

For now, I am exporting the data to a file from my iPhone, then importing back into iBank on the desktop. Not pretty, but I'm managing. I may look around for bug reporting and see if I can send in some logs to see if it will help

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Lawrence ( @lawrenceingram ),

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with Dropbox sync lately! Thanks for including the version numbers of your copies of 1Password, it makes it a lot easier to sort out what could be happening here.

We did have a bug in a previous version of 1Password that may have affected you. You can read up on the details in the post 1Password 4.1 Loses Sync Permissions after System Restart, but essentially all that you need to do to get things syncing again is to reset Dropbox sync.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle Dropbox to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable Dropbox. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync.

Resetting sync will re-write the permissions correctly and you should not see this issue again. I do apologize for the inconvenience, please do let me know if this gets things working for you again!

Hi Dave ( @osakavg ),

Our developers have been working on some big changes to sync in the iOS betas, so I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience here. Let's take a closer look at your system and see if we can't sort things out. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Hi @RMSko,

We'd love to have your help testing our new iOS betas! Sign up for the program here :)

This discussion has been closed.