Windows 8 App

I recently switched to 1Password and the experience on my Macbook is superb - way better than Lastpass which I've used before. However, I'm ditching my iPad because I got one of those new Windows 8.1 Pro 8 inch tablets (Asus VivoTab Note 8) because in my book, you just can't beat an active Wacom Pen in a package with full Win8 and a licensed Copy of Office 2013. Anyway, I'm trying Lastpass on Windows right now and it seems adequate for Desktop use but there is no Metro / Modern UI app available as far as I can see which makes using 1Password with Touch a very, very unpleasant experience. I think we'll see more and more Windows 8 tablets in use. Even in Apple related forums, devices like the Surface Pro 2 are being discussed more and more as viable alternatives to iPads for certain use cases and with the proliferation of cheap small devices like the VivoTab I bought... Well...

Do you guys plan on making a Win8-App? Lastpass has a pretty nice one available if you need inspiration... ;)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Welcome, @o_s!

I have installed 1Password for Windows on a Surface Pro 2 running Windows 8.1 and confirmed that it works as expected in Desktop mode.

Note that I did have to configure Chrome to default to Desktop mode to get the expected 1Password behavior.

Note, too, that one of the underlying elements of 1Password seems to disrupt the behavior of the on-screen handwriting “keyboard” in ways we do not yet understand.

We are in very early stages of testing on non-iOS tablets, and that limited testing is being done with 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development.

This discussion has been closed.