PIN Lock screen reveals passwords during animation

doomsey
doomsey
Community Member

When I was checking a password, the screen turned off on my phone. When I turned it back on, the screen previously shown was shown briefly before the lock screen animation played. The password itself was visible until the lock screen animation completed. Once the lock screen was dismissed with the PIN, the password went back to obscured with a "Reveal" button.

1password should hide the passwords on the screen when the screen turns off, so that when it turns back on the password is not shown before the lock animation plays. Or, better, the lock animation should simply be skipped under these circumstances to prevent leakage of less sensitive data (logins, etc.)

Comments

• Hi @doomsey,

As it happens very quickly, it took me a few attempts to capture this with a screenshot. However, once I did it became obvious that the password is not yet concealed during this animation. I will pass this on to our development team and also pass on your suggestion of skipping the animation in order to hide all of the data and not just the password. Thank you for spotting that and bringing it to our attention!

This discussion has been closed.