German special chars trouble (Wrong master key)

romeo
romeo
Community Member

Steps to reproduce:

1. Keychain created on Mac OS X synced over Dropbox with Special Char containing: "Ü" or "Ö" or "Ä"
  2. Launch Android Beta 9 (on Nexus 4)
  3. Enter Master password

=> ERROR

Comments

• mverde
    edited February 2014

Thank you for pointing this out. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that it has caused. I will definitely have our development team investigate this. When you say "ERROR", is there a message being displayed on the screen?

• romeo
    romeo
    Community Member

Sure sorry i was in a hurry writing that post.
    The message is: "Invalid Master Key"
    Screenshot:

• Hey! Thanks for the screenshot. I have a couple of questions for you that will help us investigate further:

• What version of Android are you using?

• Are you using the stock keyboard provided by the OS?

• Is your device rooted? If so, are you using a custom ROM?

I look forward to your answers. Thanks in advance! :)

• romeo
    romeo
    Community Member

Good questions, should have added that as well:
    Nexus 4 16GB
    With cyanogenmod (3.4.0) thats Android 4.3.1.
    And i use swype as a keyboard.
    If you need more precise data as concrete build versions just ask :)

• For the sake of ruling it out, could I get you to turn off the Swype keyboard and switch back to the default system keyboard? Let me know if that changes anything for you.

• romeo
    romeo
    Community Member

Sure, I did it. Same error.

• saad
    edited February 2014

Hey @romeo. Thanks for the screenshot and thank you for answering my previous questions. I created a data file on my Mac with the master password containing Ü, Ö, and Ä, and I can confirm that 1Password on Android does not accept these keys.

I should also mention that we strongly recommend sticking to US-ASCII characters. This is because sometimes characters like Ü, Ö, and Ä might be sent in different ways depending on the operating system and keyboard. This may be the case in this situation.

I will still pass on this information to our developers and look into it further. Thanks for reporting it!

This discussion has been closed.