1Password is empty on Firefox 26 on OS X 10.8.5

Hi all,

not sure what happend but the 1Password is completely empty on Firefox 26 on my OS X 10.8.5 - I removed and reinstalled the Add-on and also disabled all other Add-ons - yet no avail.

Has anybody else had this issue? Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks!!

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @1PasswordMacFirefox. I'm sorry you're having this problem with 1Password in Firefox.

Could you please describe a bit more what you mean by "completely empty"? Are you able to see all your data in the main 1P4 app, but it doesn't show up when you're using the 1P4 extension in Firefox?

• Hi sjk,

I have all data in the main (stand-alone) 1Password app, and also the Chrome Plugin works fine! It is only FF - here is a screenshot:
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/ad09b2be-f11b-4124-b9fb-5cd409003d42/f794e9d11a300a33012d845d22a5e449

Pressing any of the buttons in the left bar - eg. settings, generate password, etc. - does not work for any of them either. Any ideas?

Many thanks!

• As stated before, I am on FF 26 Beta3 - once I downgrade to Firefox 25 it works! I upgraded again to 26b3 and it stopped working. Now, I am back on FF25 on Mac. Maybe agilebits support can look into that.

Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info and image, @1PasswordMacFirefox.

I now see, literally :), that you're using the v3 extension, which is known to have exactly the issue with Firefox 26 that you've reported and is already filed in our tracker. The suggested workaround is to use the beta version of the extension. From 1Password Extension Release Notes for Version 3.9.20.BETA-4:

• 1Password is now compatible with Firefox 26 and later.

Please let me know how that works for you!

• Hi sjk, thanks for the update.

I am a bit irritated though: if I understand you correctly, you had an open ticket for an issue (and resolution) with Firefox 26 compatibility? And yet you make me write another post and attach a screenshot? Why did you not just tell me about that known problem in the first place?

• bunsworth
    bunsworth
    Community Member

I have the same problem on operating system 10.6.8. 1Password does not work at all on the latest Firefox upgrade which they like to do every day. I tried to find a download for 1Password 3.9.20.BETA-4, but can't find it in your downloads. Please advise. This has been going on for over a week.

• @bunsworth - have you tried: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    there is a (small) link below the "Install" button that reads "Feeling adventurous? Enable betas" - and then click on "Enable betas"

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013

Hi, @1PasswordMacFirefox.

I wasn't aware you were using 1Password 3 before you posted the image, then found the information about Firefox 26 beta support for my followup reply. I'm sorry for any confusion about that; I've moved this topic to 1Password 3 Extensions now.

The link you mentioned to @bunsworth is for the 1Password 4 browser extension page. The 1Password 3 browser extensions can be downloaded from the 1P3 Browser Extensions page, which has an Allow beta extensions option on the right side.

All's well now using the 1Password 3.9.20.BETA-4 extension with the Firefox 26 beta?

• I see, makes sense.

I am currently still on FF25 and non-beta version of the 1Password extension - this is a pretty critical functionality for me and I am glad right now that it works; I don't feel like taking the risk and doing all the work to upgrade and install and potentially having to downgrade again later.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @1PasswordMacFirefox. I prefer to minimize mixing "critical" with "beta". :)

• Hila Schurr
    Hila Schurr
    Community Member

I had the same issue with Firefox 26 as @1PasswordMacFirefox. The beta version of the plug-in recommended by sjk fixed the issue!!
    Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Hila,

I'm so glad to hear that the beta plug-in got things working properly for you - thanks for letting us know :)

• spbriggs
    spbriggs
    Community Member

Megan -

I can't make this work. I'm running OS 10.6.8 on an iMac, Firefox 26.0, 1Password version 3.8.21 (build 32009), Firefox Helper version 3.9.21.b1. I've deleted/reinstalled FF, 1P, and the FF helper, restarted FF, restarted the iMac, etc. yet nothing is letting 1P see my data. The data file is fully visible in the basic 1P app and in Safari. Am I missing something?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spbriggs,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with the Firefox extension. Let's take a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

MAC, 1Password 3:
    If you are using OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or OS X 10.7 Lion: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

If you are using OS X 10.9 Mavericks or OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Tober
    Tober
    Community Member

I have the same problem but using Safari 7.0.1 Maverick 10.9.1. I was there yesterday and now it's empty? My passwords are still on my iPhone thanks God! How do I get it back on my computer?! When I open it I get a string of numbers 9223372036854775807?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tober,

Let's take a closer look at your system. Please follow the instructions in my post above to generate a Diagnostic Report so we can see what is happening here.

• Tober
    Tober
    Community Member

I can't open the exe file. I get an error saying "1Password_diagnostics" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. And I'm using 1Password 4 if that makes a difference?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tober,

Yup, there is a difference that you're using 1Password 4 and it makes things easier. :)

Instead of the previous instructions, please send us a Diagnostics Report for 1Password 4, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.