Chrome for Mac

Renovatio
Renovatio
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Cant wait for the complete version of Password for Chrome. Thanks for what you have provided thus far. I'm finding Chrome to be quite the browser. Have a great day

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forum, Renovatio.

I probably wouldn't have looked at Chrome for ages, if it weren't for my peripheral involvement in supporting the work here, and I've hardly scratched the surface; but I'm looking forward to learning more about it, as Chrome matures.

Thanks for your post!
  • Duane Williams
    Duane Williams
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I just installed the alpha version of 1P on my MacBook with no problems. I restarted Chrome after the install. That seemed to be needed, although I'm not sure. This makes Chrome usable, finally. I hope 1P moves towards the same interface as the other browser versions, because uniformity makes for easier use. Still, I'm glad to have this initial alpha. Good job!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thanks, Duane!

I believe the intention is for the Chrome extension to be full featured, as soon as Google's progress in Chrome development and the availability of our own resources make that possible.
  • Chuck
    Chuck
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Just so I understand this, I need to download something to make it work in chrome or . . . what. Thanks for response for this ole man.

Charlie
  • macpug
    macpug
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Chuck wrote:
    Just so I understand this, I need to download something to make it work in chrome or . . . what. Thanks for response for this ole man.

Charlie

Hi Chuck. Yes, there are some instructions you'll need to follow. Please see this thread for more information about it. If you aren't comfortable with pre-release software, you might want to use our login Bookmarklet for; Chrome as a workaround until the Chrome extension is a little farther along. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.
  • iteachcomputers
    edited December 1969
    Just downloaded the Snow Leopard update and now 1password beta doesn't work with Chrome. The button is there, but nothing shows up in the password menu. Anyone else having trouble?:^)
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    iteachcomputers,

I don't have this problem. I just upgraded SL and I am running the 1P beta and everything appears to be working properly in chrome
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Just downloaded the Snow Leopard update and now 1password beta doesn't work with Chrome. The button is there, but nothing shows up in the password menu. Anyone else having trouble?:^)

Welcome to the forums, iteachcomputers!

Commonly this symptom indicates that 1Password cannot access its data file (1Password.agilekeychain). When you upgraded OS X did you change your OS X account name, or do anything else that might have changed the ownership or location of the data?
  • leono
    leono
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I've got the same problem here. Nothing happens when I click the 1Password button, and nothing has ever happened. I'm on Snow Leopard as well, but I also had the problem on Leopard. I'm running version 0.7.2. How can we troubleshoot this? What's the default location of the 1Password.agilekeychain folder? Mine lives at ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/ and is chmod 755.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    leono wrote:
    I've got the same problem here. Nothing happens when I click the 1Password button, and nothing has ever happened. I'm on Snow Leopard as well, but I also had the problem on Leopard. I'm running version 0.7.2. How can we troubleshoot this? What's the default location of the 1Password.agilekeychain folder? Mine lives at ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/ and is chmod 755.

That's the default location and filename! Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at support@agile.ws using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    leono wrote:

Which version of 1Password are you running? You'll need at least 3.1.3 for the latest Chrome extension.
  • leono
    leono
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Turned out that I was still running 1Password 2.x. You need version 3 to use the Chrome Extension. I guess it would have be nice if it told me why it wasn't working.

I've upgraded to 1Password 3 and my Chrome Extension finally works. I feel very silly for not realizing my problem all this time!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Sorry for the confusion, leono! I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out, though.
  • docalex
    docalex
    Community Member
    edited August 2010
    arrgh - I keep searching Google Chrome Extensions for "1Password" and all possible variants and I keep NOT FINDING a 1Password extension for Chrome.

I'm Mac - 10.6.4 if it matters. Tried to follow "pinned" instructions - but no success.

Why is this so difficult?

Anyway, really looking forward to Chrome (Mac) support.

..alex...
    "Love is patient, and will wait." (Richard Hell and the Voidoids - "You've Gotta Lose")
  • MikeT
    edited October 2010
    docalex wrote:

arrgh - I keep searching Google Chrome Extensions for "1Password" and all possible variants and I keep NOT FINDING a 1Password extension for Chrome.

I'm Mac - 10.6.4 if it matters. Tried to follow "pinned" instructions - but no success.

Why is this so difficult?

Anyway, really looking forward to Chrome (Mac) support.

..alex...
    "Love is patient, and will wait." (Richard Hell and the Voidoids - "You've Gotta Lose")

Hi Alex,

[strike]The reason that 1Password extension isn't in the Google's Extension Gallery is that it's still an alpha version and we don't think it is ready to be used for production.[/strike]
    The reason that 1Password extension ins't in the Google Chrome Extension Gallery is that it will not work if 1Password.app is not installed.

If you wish to try the 1Password's extension, it is located here: http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/google_chrome_support.html

I tested the link, it still works fine for me in Google Chrome, could you tell me what the error you're getting when you install it?
  • FirstReconUSMC
    FirstReconUSMC
    Community Member
    One comment and two questions: :confused:

1. I just today installed Google Chrome, and it rocks! Thanks for the 1Password Extension for Chrome.

2. I have never used a 1Password Beta before - Is my data secure with a Beta?

3. I cannot login to my Amex account with 1Password Beta in Google Chrome. Does anyoe have this problem? Logging in to this 1Password forum was no problem.

Thanks
  • mozart11
    mozart11
    Community Member
    Renovatio wrote:

Cant wait for the complete version of Password for Chrome. Thanks for what you have provided thus far. I'm finding Chrome to be quite the browser. Have a great day

I can't get 1P in Chrome no matter what. Tried this http://aws.cachefly....hrome-0.8.1.crx/ nothing.

I'm trying Chrome 5.0.375.127 for the first time. Can't get 1P no matter what I do.
  • RichardL
    RichardL
    Community Member
    Mike .. Just read that Chrome passed Safari as the #3 browser .. maybe it's time that Agile re-evaluates the priority list and create a full fledged 1Password extension? I love using Chrome, but dealing with 1Password is bogging me down .. Something I'm not used to with 1Password. I've come to the point that 1Password is one of my most critical apps on the Mac .. so .. Please .. Make the 1P extension more usable in Chrome

quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1281277901' post='7930']
    Hi Alex,

The reason that 1Password extension isn't in the Google's Extension Gallery is that it's still an alpha version and we don't think it is ready to be used for production. If you wish to try the 1Password's extension, it is located here.
    http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/56-setup-instructions/

I tested the link, it still works fine for me in Google Chrome, could you tell me what the error you're getting when you install it?
    [/quote]
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2010
    For those of you playing the home game, the Chrome extension just got much more useful. :-)

We're entering the bonus round. Quick! Who can name three things that the Chrome extension now supports that it did not a week ago?

If you said Credit Card/Identity filling, a new interface and icon, and — my personal favorite — alphabetized logins, you're a winner! Heck, even if you didn't, you're still a winner because those features bring us that much closer to feature parity with our other extensions. ;-)

I hope that helps. Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.