Shared databases for Windows Family License

I apologize in advance if I've missed it -- I honestly have searched the documentation and this forum and couldn't find what I'm looking for, but it's probably somewhere and I just didn't see it.

My question is this -- I have been using 1P for a while now across Mac, Windows, and Android platforms and mobile devices. Love it, couldn't get through a weekday without it. Recently my wife asked me to hook her up with the same kind of system, so I checked out the pricing. Easy upgrade to the family license for the same price as a new single-user. No-brainer there. The questions is -- can we share the same database across our installations, using dropbox (as I do now)? Are there multiple user accounts, or would we share the same master password?

I don't want to use Knox, because my wife doesn't use Mac and I need access on PC and Android.

Thanks!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@sophos, you sure can! Here are the two ways you can do it, depending on which best suits your needs:

• Set up her up with the same Dropbox account, in which case she'll have the same access to everything stored there as you have.

• Set her up with a separate Dropbox account, and use Dropbox's "share folder" feature to share only the folder that contains your 1Password.agilekeychain folder.

Either way, she'll need your master password to open the 1Password data you share. (Master passwords are independently and inseparably associated with the 1Password data folders they protect.)

I hope that helps, @sophos. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.