Feature Requests: Improved search functionality + auto-copy first search result

Options
roguelynn
roguelynn
Community Member

Hey folks -

I would like to search by category. For instance, within the search bar of 1Password, I want to be able to type in a category + : + search term and only search within the selected category. Like Servers: AWS or Banking: checking.

Additionally, it would be awesome if 1Password kept track of usage. So when I search, the results are ordered by frequency, so the first-most result is the most used.

Lastly, the icing on the cake for me: if there was a key binding I could do to automatically copy the hidden information (like Password) to my clipboard of the first returned search result. This would be valuable paired with the sorting by frequency. This could also be paired well when I do category: search_term field_name, so like Banking: Brokerage routing, do some keybinding magic and have the routing number in my clipboard.

Thanks for being awesome!

roguelynn

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @roguelynn

This is already possible, to some extent. If you click on the magnifying glass in the search field, then click on the "show search options" menu option, you'll have a new field where you can specify which category you want to search.

We do appreciate the feedback on the additional features you'd like to see. We definitely want to improve searching! Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.