Im restoring my macbook to factory settings

Sgt_23
Sgt_23
Community Member

Could somebody hint as to where my 1password backups are going so I can insure I get my stored info back once the factory restore is complete.
If this is a common post please just redirect me.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sgt_23‌,

Your backups are stored in a different location, depending on where you purchased 1Password 4:

• If you purchased from the Mac App Store: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups
    • If you purchased directly from the AgileBits webstore: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups

However, there is a way to save your database without having to go through the trouble of restoring from a backup. If you don't already use a sync solution, here's what to do:

• Go to Preferences > Sync and select Folder Sync
    • Select a folder to sync your data to (you might want to create a 1Password folder on your desktop so it's easy to find)
    • Confirm sync and allow 1Password to sync your data
    • Copy the 1Password.agilekeychain file inside this folder onto a USB drive or an external harddrive.

After your computer has been reset:

• Copy the 1Password.agilekeychain file onto your desktop before installing 1Password
    • When you open 1Password, it should detect this datafile and ask you if you would like to use it
    • Enter your Master Password and let 1Password sync your data
    • Once your database has been synced you can disable folder sync and remove the 1Password.agilekeychain from your desktop.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.