Can't Save Passwords in Chrome—Pop Up Disabled

Leah Silber
Leah Silber
Community Member

Been having this problem a lot. The 1Password Autosave box pops up, but I can't select it. Clicking does nothing. The weird part is that if it's one where there's an option to save new vs update existing, I can change that drop down menu from one to the other and back, but still without the pop up ever been in the front. And I still can't save the password in either.

I ultimately need to hit escape, which is also the only thing that makes the box disappear.

There's a screenshot of the state here (http://cl.ly/image/3Q0R232E1725), but it's pretty much just what you'd imagine :p

Am I missing something silly? Tried to search but I couldn't find other threads discussing this. It's been an intermittent problem but it's not getting any better and feels like frequency is increasing. I've also started hearing co-workers complain about it too...

Help?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Leah Silber‌,

I'm sorry you're having troubles with the 1Password Autosave window. Is this only happening when you're using Chrome and do you have multiple profiles configured? Also, which versions of 1Password and its browser extension are you running? Thanks in advance for that additional information!

• Leah Silber
    Leah Silber
    Community Member

Heya—

Running 1Password 4, and the Extension tells me 1 Password 4.1.1.90. Version of Chrome is Version 32.0.1700.107 (I have updates pending, just noticing).

Another coworker who also has this issue is using Chrome Version 33.0.1750.117 and the 1 Password Extension 4.2.0.9 beta. He says he is also having an issue where sometimes the box pops up but will only let him save new passwords, not replace old (where he's verified he was at the URL). Unsure if these issues are related?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @Leah Silber‌.

Which specific versions of 1Password 4 are you and your co-worker running? 4.1.2 is the current latest from the Mac App Store; 4.1.3 is the current latest from the Agile Web store. And which versions of OS X? We're all clear about which 1Password extension versions for Chrome:

• You: 4.1.1.90
    • Co-worker: 4.2.0.9 (beta)

Do either or both of you have multiple profiles configured in Chrome?

Is your co-worker using Multiple Vaults in 1Password 4?

Answers to these questions will give us a better idea of what to suggest for fixing the problems. Thanks again!

• Leah Silber
    Leah Silber
    Community Member

We're both using...

• Two vaults
    • 1PW Version 4.1.3 (413002)

Sorry for forgetting that first time around, thanks :)

I know the Multiple Vaults stuff is in super-beta, so if that's for sure the cause, noted, and we'll continue to be patient :p

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your patience, @Leah Silber‌. We will get to the bottom of this. :)

Are either of you having trouble selecting the autosave window if 1Password 4 is unlocked before it appears? And are you using multiple profiles in Chrome?

So we can take a closer look at what could be causing this please send us a Diagnostics Report, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

This discussion has been closed.