Uninstalled and reinstalled 1Pass and now it doesn't work [Moved to Email]

chris1288
chris1288
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Not sure what to do at this point, but I've uninstalled 1Pass 4 for mac with AppCleaner and then reinstalled (from app store). And I did the same with the Chrome browser extension. But now it's not working properly. Every time I login I'm given the welcome screen here http://cl.ly/image/360s0y2a0b3a

Also, after going through the welcome screen process, my chrome extension doesn't recognize or load my passwords.

Luckily I had the iOS version to backup my data file, otherwise, I would have lost everything. I thought there was a cloud backup (similar to Evernote), but I guess there isn't unless Dropbox is used, so now I have a backup.

I'll probably need to do a fresh wipe of the app and reinstall again, or whatever, but I'm not sure what the best way to do so is.

Please advise,

Chris

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chris1288,

I'm so sorry to hear that 1Password 4 isn't cooperating after the Mac App Store installation. I'd be glad to help you get it working and recover your 1Password data for it to use.

On the Welcome to 1Password screen, you've clicked the Awesome! Let's Get Started button in the bottom right corner, gone though the setup process, and then have to repeat it again every time you log in?

To provide us with more details about the current state of 1Password on your Mac please send us a Diagnostics Report, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to help you get this all sorted out. Thanks in advance!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I've uninstalled 1Pass 4 for mac with AppCleaner

It's dangerous to use this kind of uninstaller. They can be too active, and delete your data as well as the application, preferences, etc.

It sounds as if this is what happened.

Of course, you should also have had backups on another drive, either (preferably both) using Time Machine or a cloning program.

• chris1288
    chris1288
    Community Member

OK thanks, I've sent the report.

• chris1288
    chris1288
    Community Member

Sorry, to answer your question, yes, this is what is happening:

"On the Welcome to 1Password screen, you've clicked the Awesome! Let's Get Started button in the bottom right corner, gone though the setup process, and then have to repeat it again every time you log in?"

And the Chrome extension does not load my logins/passwords on sites I've got them saved for.

Thanks,
    Chris

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chris1288,

Thanks so much for sending in that Report! I see that one of our support team is already helping you out. We'll keep this conversation going directly via email to avoid any confusion between here and there :)

This discussion has been closed.