Importing Roboform data

I recently installed iPassword for Windows to import RoboForm data. Purchased the Mac version and once that is up and running plan to buy 1Password for iPad, Android and, of course Windows. Installed RoboForm 6.9.99 on the Windows machine.

Exported the list and have huge issues with some fields not importing correctly. First, the notes field in Roboform doesn't import into the notes field in 1Password. My guess is the htm field name is wrong. I can fix this if I knew the proper field name to do a find/replace on. Have tried "Notes$" and "Notes" but neither of these work. This is a huge problem.

The second huge problem is that very often either the username or password or both do not import correctly. More often than not what happens is that the Notes are imported as username and the username is imported as password. Not sure how to fix this one except by brute force.

I suspect there are other fields that are did not import correctly.

All in all, over 300 (maybe much more) passcards do not import properly into 1Password.

How can I solve these problems?

Thanks for assistance!

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

@Pepper787 can you send me a sample of what you're trying to import? (please blank out your passwords).

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

Thanks!

• Pepper787
    Pepper787
    Community Member

Thanks for the response Stefan. Forgive the "dumb" question, but do you mean a printout or do you mean the html?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Pepper787 Ideally, I would love to see the entire HTML document that Roboform exports for you. However, you should NEVER send your passwords in plain-text to anymore (including AgileBits personnel). That's why it is better to expert one or two logins, and then blank out (delete) the passwords before you send them to me. Thanks!

• Pepper787
    Pepper787
    Community Member

There does not appear to be any way select logins to export. It's all or nothing. However, I am not sure that is necessary.

In the meantime while exchanging messages with you, I have fixed most of the misplaced user ID and password data by simply using find/replace pairs. There are probably 50 or so left to do and I will just take care of them as I use them, if I ever do. However, EVERY passcard that has a note in it did not import the note into the 1Password note field. Every one. I would expect this is because the field name or the html is wrong.

Here is what the html looks like for one of those fields:
    <TR> <TD class=field vAlign=top width="40%" align=left>Note$</TD> <TD></TD> <TD class=wordbreakfield vAlign=top width="55%" align=left>1/19/10: Email address/loginID changed from dbvend@pobox.com.</TD></TR> <TR>

Here is another (I think the code is always the same):

<TR> <TD class=field vAlign=top width="40%" align=left>Note$</TD> <TD></TD> <TD class=wordbreakfield vAlign=top width="55%" align=left>This is the admin console for ausdbs.com.</TD></TR> <TR>

If you can tell me how to fix this so it will import, we're done, I think. :-)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Pepper787 are you saying 1Password consistently fails to import passcards with a note in them? If yes, could you maybe provide me with a longer HTML snippet to work with? A complete passcard (with all the fields) would be great. Thanks!

• Pepper787
    Pepper787
    Community Member

Yes, it consistently fails. 1Password completely fails to import any note field from any passcard. Another way to put this is that NO notefield from any RoboForm passcard is imported into the note field of the corresponding 1Password item. I hope that is clear.

Here are a couple of snippets:

<TD style="BORDER-LEFT: darkgray 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px" vAlign=top width="50%" align=left> <TABLE width="100%"> <TBODY> <TR align=left> <TD class=caption colSpan=3>Moz<WBR>yHomeX630</TD></TR> <TR align=left> <TD class=subcaption colSpan=3>htt<WBR>ps://moz<WBR>y.com/login</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=field vAlign=top width="40%" align=left>Note$</TD> <TD></TD> <TD class=wordbreakfield vAlign=top width="55%" align=left>Account Creation Data:<BR>captcha = 4651</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=field vAlign=top width="40%" align=left>use<WBR>rname</TD> <TD></TD> <TD class=wordbreakfield vAlign=top width="55%" align=left>dbvend01@ausdbs.com</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=field vAlign=top width="40%" align=left>pas<WBR>sword</TD> <TD></TD> <TD class=wordbreakfield vAlign=top width="55%" align=left>XXXXXXXXXXXX</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD>

and another:
    <TD style="BORDER-LEFT: darkgray 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px" vAlign=top width="50%" align=left> <TABLE width="100%"> <TBODY> <TR align=left> <TD class=caption colSpan=3>Ope<WBR>noffice.org</TD></TR> <TR align=left> <TD class=subcaption colSpan=3>htt<WBR>ps://reg<WBR>istratio<WBR>n2.servi<WBR>ces.open<WBR>office.o<WBR>rg/Regis<WBR>trationW<WBR>eb/OpenO<WBR>ffice.or<WBR>g/defaul<WBR>t/en_US/<WBR>register<WBR>-login.jsp</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=field vAlign=top width="40%" align=left>Note$</TD> <TD></TD> <TD class=wordbreakfield vAlign=top width="55%" align=left>Account Creation Data:<BR>j_email = dbfree01@ausdbs.com</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=field vAlign=top width="40%" align=left>j_u<WBR>sername</TD> <TD></TD> <TD class=wordbreakfield vAlign=top width="55%" align=left>dbfree01@ausdbs.com</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=field vAlign=top width="40%" align=left>j_p<WBR>assword</TD> <TD></TD> <TD class=wordbreakfield vAlign=top width="55%" align=left>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=field vAlign=top width="40%" align=left>acc<WBR>epttou</TD> <TD></TD> <TD class=wordbreakfield vAlign=top width="55%" align=left>*</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR> <TR>

I hope this is what you are looking for. All I really need for you to do is to show me what the HTML should look like so that it will import into 1Password. That should be all I need to be able to fix the RoboForm mess into importable HTML. We wont know if this is true until I get that information.

Thanks, svondutch.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Pepper787‌ I have fixed this problem in 1Password 4 (currently in beta). Thanks!

• Pepper787
    Pepper787
    Community Member

Svondutch, I am definitely interested in confirming the bug fix. Would be happy to install and use the beta. Thank you.

Does this just fix the notes import or does it also fix importing other fields?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Pepper787 it should fix both problems.

This discussion has been closed.