1password does not respond when new account is setup

Options

1password does not respond to save the new signing account and password. please help

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cyberically,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with 1Password right now. Please ensure that 'Ask to Save new Logins' is checked in the 1Password browser extension. Just click the key icon in your browser, then select the gear icon (Settings) > Logins. :)

If 1Password still doesn't ask you to save Logins on certain sites, you can always do a manual save:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the + button in the corner.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

• jpduarte
    jpduarte
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi,

I'm testing the app to decide if I will buy a license. And I am having the same problem.

I tested with Google Chrome and Safari. I have the option Submit Logins enabled. I also tested the option Save new Login. But nothing happens.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jpduarte,

I'm sorry you're having some troubles with 1Password. Which specific version are you testing with? This topic is in the 1Password 3.9 (Mac App Store) subforum and version 3.9 is no longer available for purchase. Did you download version 3.8.21 from the Legacy Versions of 1Password page, or perhaps even version 4.1.3 from the Download AgileBits Software page? If your Mac is running at least 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion) and later I highly suggest that you give 1Password 4 a try. :)

• jpduarte
    jpduarte
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk,

I'm sorry, I didn't notice this topic was for 1Password 3.9. I'm using the version from the site (Version 4.1.3 (413002)) and I have OS X 10.9.2

• jpduarte
    jpduarte
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know why but it started working :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jpduarte‌,

Thanks so much for letting us know that 1Password is behaving for you now! I do hope it continues to play nice, but if you hit any other snags, we're here for you :)

This discussion has been closed.