Firefox browser - error message [resolved]

Options
penhelp
penhelp
Community Member
edited March 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I am getting this error message
[AGENT] socket error: [object XrayWrapper [object Event]]; readyState=3. Perhaps Helper is not running on ws://127.0.0.1:55730/2 or is shutting down?
console.error: onepassword:

i think it is related to my 1password firefox addon.

can you please verify if it is or not.
and if yes, i seem to have deleted something i should not of.... some helper....

can you please advise how i repair my blunder. thankyou

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @penhelp,

I'm sorry you're getting this error from Firefox that could be related to the 1Password extension. Which versions of Firefox, 1Password, and the extension are you running? Have you restarted your system since the problem started?

If a system restart doesn't help please try uninstalling the 1Password extension, restarting Firefox, then reinstalling its 1Password extension. And if that doesn't fix the problem please try creating a new Firefox profile, installing the 1Password extension in it, and let us know if it works from there. There might be something corrupt in the current profile.

I hope that helps resolve this problem and look forward to hearing back from you.

• penhelp
    penhelp
    Community Member
    Options

resolved myself. i just deleted all of 1password. and it went away. Restart no help. I just re-installed so was ok. all my data in my firefox addon is still there. am on lastest firefox. / 1password 3. what is missing, is i should of been able to solve in 5min and not need to log a question on forum. so no where is this "agent" mentioned in your doco. please consider improving it. thankyou

• penhelp
    penhelp
    Community Member
    Options

as fyi -- your guidance was totally off. nothing to do with profile. to advise that is just plain crazy. profiles are significant in ffox world.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @penhelp,

I'm glad you were able to resolve the problem. Thanks for letting us know.

I apologize for any confusion with my suggestions, which were intended for 1Password 4. I didn't realize you were running 1Password 3 since you posted in the 1Password 4 for Mac forum. The error you encountered is rare and creating a new profile for troubleshooting purposes can sometimes help isolate it.

I've moved your topic to the 1Password 3 Extensions forum and changed the link to the v3 page in my original reply. Again, sorry for the earlier mixup.

This discussion has been closed.