Where do I sync?

mrtoner
mrtoner
Community Member

Upon updating to a recent beta build, I found that I was no longer syncing with Dropbox. When I went to set up sync, I was presented with three choices (see attachment). I have several comments:

• I use only one data file. I have no idea why there are three. As recently as fourteen months ago I had only one. Can the other(s) be deleted?
  • The dates shown for each file are the creation dates, so I was only able to choose the correct one by going to my Mac and seeing which file had recently been modified (and was 186MB instead of 13KB). I'm not sure that displaying the creation date here is useful.

Tangentially related:

• I updated to 4.2 on my Mac today and was told that syncing was not enabled. I had to set up syncing with Dropbox again.
  • After fighting with 4.x's "Data in Dropbox has changed completely" for some time, I'm hoping we can get this right in 4.5.

Comments

• mrtoner
    mrtoner
    Community Member

Sorry, needed to edit the attachment to remove the Dropbox user ID.

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

Hullo, @mrtoner,

Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain is where 1Password 3 stored its data if you chose Dropbox sync.
    Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain is where 1Password 4 creates its sync store when you choose Dropbox sync.
    Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/1Password.agilekeychain sounds like a beta bug, which I believe has been squashed.

Now that you've determined which sync store is the right one, sure, it's safe enough to get rid of the others.

We've been getting reports of sync wonkiness in 4.2 (and 4.2.1) for Mac. We've not yet diagnosed the problem, but are investigating. Plus sync is still a work in progress in 4.5 beta for iOS, so we've still got some work to do before the sailing gets smooth.

This discussion has been closed.