1Password 3.7.2 and 1Password 3.8.21 sync issues

kunda
kunda
Community Member
edited November 2013 in iOS

I am unable to sync between Mac and my devices.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I think it will help others to help you if you tell us:

1. what method of sync you are using (folder, wifi, Dropbox, iCloud);
    2. what iOS version of 1P4 you have on your devices;
    3. what version of 1P4 you are using on your Mac;
    4. what OS X version your Mac is running.

Stephen

• kunda
    kunda
    Community Member

I have always using wifi sync [I tried Dropbox but my passcode is not accepted even though it is correct [I just purchased a new iPad and entered new passcode etc]

I have the version 3.8.2 on my mac and each time I try to update I am told this is the latest version. The same for the iPhone / iPad which is running. 3.7.2

I just installed OS 7 on all devices and Maverick on my laptop.

The Sync in 1PW is greyed out on my laptop
    Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kunda,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting all synced up. First of all, I'd just like to clear something up:

I have the version 3.8.2 on my mac and each time I try to update I am told this is the latest version. The same for the iPhone / iPad which is running. 3.7.2

The versions that you have currently installed are the latest available, for version 3. We have recently released 1Password 4 for Mac and iOS, but these are available as a separate purchase. You are welcome to continue using 1Password 3 if you prefer. I do want to mention, however, that with 1Password 3, you will want to continue to use Wi-Fi as your sync solution. Due to recent changes in Dropbox's API, 1Password 3 for iOS can no longer sync via Dropbox.

Now, let's see what we can do to get Wi-Fi sync working for you!

For Wi-Fi sync to work, 1Password needs to be unlocked on your iOS device, and both your Mac and your iOS device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can also check out our Wi-Fi Sync Troubleshooting Guide for more helpful hints. :)

• kunda
    kunda
    Community Member

Hi, Thanks for the info on Password 4. I have used 1PW for nearly two years so I am familiar with the wifi procedure which is what I use.

As I stated the problem is with my laptop 1PW, the Sync tab is greyed out and no matter what I do it stays that way. My previous sync was 5 weeks ago and obviously I had no problem.

• kunda
    kunda
    Community Member

One peculiarity is that my laptop 1PW is reading me as offline but I have not offline otherwise I would not be able to post to this forum?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kunda,

My apologies for not understanding your situation better! Here are the steps that I followed to sync my data via Wi-Fi:

• Open 1Password 3 for Mac
    • Select device to be synced
    • 'Last Wi-Fi synced' says 'device unavailable' (or shows the last time synced)
    • Open 1Password 3 for iOS
    • Go to More > Settings > Sync > Wi-Fi
    • Press 'Allow New Connections'
    • Enter Master Password
    • On 1Password for Mac 'Last Wi-Fi synced' changes to 'Just Now'
      (If you do not see a change, please try selecting a category in your sidebar and then re-selecting the device to be synced)

• Sync Now button should now be active

For me, the 'Wi-Fi Status' remained at 'Not reachable' even both the laptop and computer showed a sync had taken place.

Please let me know if these steps help.

• kunda
    kunda
    Community Member

i dont see how to attach a screen shot so I can show you exactly what is happening. AS I said I followed the steps but the mac box is greyed out so I cannot enter the codes. The box states I am offline but I am not offline

As I have said twice already, I am very familiar with the sync, I have been using 1password without any issues on my iphone, ipad and mac for at least a couple of years. This is a new issue.

Thanks!

• kunda
    kunda
    Community Member

Right now I am not even able to backup my mac

• Alterbeste
    Alterbeste
    Community Member

I have the same problem.
    I have 1Pasword 3.8.21 for Mac and 3 in Iphone and Ipad.
    With iphone syncs without problem as always
    I followed the steps above and it does not work
    Today I was unable to sync via wi-fi.
    I tried to reset, to sync via ip adress. I did restore from backup.
    I removed and reinstalled on the ipad and still no sync.
    1password for Mac recognizes the ipad, but can not connect to it
    I think I’ve tried everything i know.
    (https://www.dropbox.com/s/etsaibfn2e4wsfu/1PASSWORD.jpeg)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kunda,

I do apologize for not being more clear. I'm not trying to imply that you are unfamiliar with the syncing process, but in my testing, I saw the greyed out 'sync' box until I typed in the Master Password on my iOS device, and then a sync initiated automatically. If this is not the case for you, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

MAC, 1Password 3:
    If you are using OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or OS X 10.7 Lion: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

If you are using OS X 10.9 Mavericks or OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/ms/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Hi @Alterbeste,

If you have gone through all of the steps in the Wi-Fi Sync Troubleshooting Guide, please follow the instructions above to send us a Diagnostics Report as well.

• Alterbeste
    Alterbeste
    Community Member

I sent the email with the diagnostic file.
    Thnx

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @Alterbeste,

We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion. :)

• Chris Broggi
    Chris Broggi
    Community Member

Did this get solved. I'm having a similar issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Chris,

If you're having trouble syncing 1Password 3 via Wi-Fi, please refer to the Wi-Fi Sync Troubleshooting Guide for solutions to most common issues.

If you're still having difficulties after reviewing the Guide, I'd love to hear a bit more about the details of this issue - the more we know about what you are seeing, the more easily we'll be able to help you find a solution! :)

• Chris Broggi
    Chris Broggi
    Community Member

I want to know if this issue was solved. I have similar symptoms.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Chris,

Because each user's situation is unique, there is not necessarily a common solution here that will work for everyone. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot the issue that you are having here, but I'll need a bit more detail on what you are seeing and where things are getting tangled up. Please let me know your process for Wi-Fi syncing: include the steps that you take, what you expect to happen, and what actually happens.

• Chris Broggi
    Chris Broggi
    Community Member

But if you tell me if a solution fixed this other user's issue, I can try it to see if it fixes mine. Less work for everyone. What happens for me is exactly what was mentioned above.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

Hi Chris,

The solutions to the common Wi-Fi issues are listed in the Wi-Fi Sync Troubleshooting Guide.

If none of those solutions work, we'll need to see a Diagnostic Report to find a solution that works for your unique situation. My post #11 above provides the instructions for how to create a Diagnostic Report for 1Password 3.

• rawimage
    rawimage
    Community Member

Is WiFi Sync between 1P 4 for iOS and 1P 3 for Mac OS possible?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

WiFi sync only works if you have the same versions on both platforms. That is iOS 3 and OS X 3, OR iOS 4 and OS X 4.

This discussion has been closed.