Go & FIll Login not working correctly in 1P 3.4.1 [Fixed in 3.4.4]

I am running 1P 3.4.1 on OSX 10.6.4 and Safari 5.0.2 and Go & FIll login is not working correctly.

The first time I invoke G&F in Safari I am prompted for my master password, as usual, but then it cannot find any G&F login until I quit Safari and restart it. It will continue to work until 1P auto-locks and then I have to repeat the pattern to get it working correctly again.

This did not happen in the previous build.

Thanks for all help.

Comments

• I'll add that I'm having the same problem with the same equipment & software. . . as in, the Go & Fill would not work to log me into this forum :o:blink:
    I haven't been to many other sites, so I don't know if it's consistently failing and don't have the time to check it out tonight.

How I did log in was to do it from within 1Password by clicking on the little blue right arrow just before the url listing. Hmmm, is this a clear description? It's too late to think clearly.
  • LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Just to add more feedback to this thread: I don't have this problem using the exact same versions of all components.
  • F451
    F451
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    Go & Fill Login not working for me either on Version 3.4.2 (build 30750). Window appears, but no searches appear to choose from.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 2
    Total Number Of Cores: 8
    L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
    Memory: 10 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 10.4.0
    Boot Mode: Normal
    Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
    64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No

Safari: Version 5.0.2 (6533.18.5)

Thanks!
  • Hi guys, welcome to the forums!

Could you try the following:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open 1Password
    3. Click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions
    4. For good measure, restart your Mac.
    5. Run Safari

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • F451
    F451
    Community Member
    MikeT wrote:

Hi guys, welcome to the forums!

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open 1Password
    5. Run Safari

Doh...it works! Thanks as this was first for me (and I've been hanging around here a while ;) ).
  • donebylee
    donebylee
    Community Member
    Mike, we have been exchanging emails on this topic as well. I want to point out that my mac config is nearly the same as F451's is. I wonder if there is something in that?

Thanks for all the help here and via email.
  • donebylee
    donebylee
    Community Member
    This is continuing for me. Unfortunately none of the suggestions has fixed it.

Any ideas?

It is really clumsy to have to open and quit Safari to get 1P working correctly.
  • Hi Mike,

I tried what you suggested and the Go & Fill still didn't work to log in to this forum.
    However, earlier today it was working on other sites; perhaps 2 or three.

And this is really weird: I just went to a site and tried to log in by pressing the button
    in the Safari tool bar. The drop down menu didn't appear but the screen blinked and
    somehow a Search of that site occurred, using my screen name as the item being searched for!
    Didn't log me in, however. This is crazy!

Just lettin' you know.

Meanwhile, until you get this worked out, I'll be logging in from within 1P, as that has
    always worked, at least so far.

MikeT wrote:

Hi guys, welcome to the forums!

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open 1Password
    5. Run Safari

• That is interesting, are you all running the latest updates for Safari(5.0.2) and 1Password (3.4.2)?

Have you guys try clearing the cache in 1Password > Help > Troubleshooting > Clear cache? If that didn’t work, please try to rebuild your data file in 1Password > Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data file.
  • donebylee
    donebylee
    Community Member
    MikeT wrote:

That is interesting, are you all running the latest updates for Safari(5.0.2) and 1Password (3.4.2)?

Have you guys try clearing the cache in 1Password > Help > Troubleshooting > Clear cache? If that didn’t work, please try to rebuild your data file in 1Password > Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data file.

I have upgraded to 3.4.2 and I have had Safari 5.0.2 installed since it became available via Software Update.

I have also followed the Troubleshooting instructions (they were emailed to me by Marty) to no avail.

I have discovered, however, that when the G&F pop-up menu invoked by the key combo ctrl-opt-\ does not work, the G&F drop down menu from Safari's toolbar DOES work.

This is getting curiouser and curiouser.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sure one of the first things you all tried was to reinstall the Safari extension, but a reminder doesn't hurt:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open 1Password
    3. Preferences > Browsers > UNCHECK Safari
    4. RECHECK Safari

Any successes?
  • khad wrote:

I'm sure one of the first things you all tried was to reinstall the Safari extension, but a reminder doesn't hurt:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open 1Password
    3. Preferences > Browsers > UNCHECK Safari
    4. RECHECK Safari

Any successes?

No. .

Although this time, the drop down menu showed up (before it wasn't even appearing, at least part of the time).
    But no login occurred when I selected Go & Fill.

I truly wish I'd never downloaded the update.
  • donebylee
    donebylee
    Community Member
    Macrina,

What is your system set-up?

I am experiencing this on my mac pro and so was F451. Curious if you are also on a MP.

BTW, mine is early 2008 version, a.k.a MacPro3,1 in System Profiler.
  • I'm on an iMac which is rather ancient by computer standards, as it was built in 2006:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac5,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
    SMC Version (system): 1.9f4

but I do have OSX 10.6.4 which I think is the latest version. And my Safari is Version 5.0.2 (6533.18.5)

I'm not very advanced in knowledge about these things and I hope this answers what you were asking.

As far as I know, 1P was working perfectly before installing the update, though I'd just gotten started with it
    as I'm a new owner of 1P. Using Go & Fill from the tool bar in Safari was what I'd always done, though by now
    I've learned about the various ways of logging into sites from within 1P which is good because that's all that
    works now.

donebylee wrote:

Macrina,

What is your system set-up?

I am experiencing this on my mac pro and so was F451. Curious if you are also on a MP.

BTW, mine is early 2008 version, a.k.a MacPro3,1 in System Profiler.
  • MikeT
    edited September 2010
    1Password 3.4.4 should fix this once and for all.
  • Macrina
    edited September 2010
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for working on this :)

I did what you instructed and now (Yay!) the Go&Fill is working.
    This who process has alerted me to some other stuff, so even though
    it was a pain when it didn't work, I've learned from it.

Thank you once again!
  • donebylee
    donebylee
    Community Member
    In addition to this thread, I have been working with Agile's customer care folks via email to squash this bug. I think that the beta 3.4.3 BETA-3 does finally rid us of this pest.

I would like to use this post to compliment the Agile representatives who helped me, and all of us through this. Through numerous emails and a couple of weeks of tests and reports, I never felt that I was left hanging. Daily communications kept me up-to-date and let me know that the work was proceeding. In short, I was never left wondering if this was going to get fixed.

Though I am sure that a complete list would include more names than this, these are the people who communicated directly with me and whom I would like to thank publicly for their support:

• Mike Tselikman
    • Marty S.
    • Jeffrey Goldberg
    • Khad Young

If I missed anyone, you have my sincere apologies and thanks for a job well done.

1Password is the most crucial component in securing my internet banking and financial accounts. Knowing that Agile stands firmly behind their products and their customers is why it will continue to be the most trusted app in my dock.

Thanks again.

Sincerely;

Lee Stites
    Proud owner of 1Password and Knox.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2010
    Lee,

On behalf of everyone here at Agile, you are most welcome. Thank you for such kind words! I know Mike already thanked you via e-mail, but just in case Marty and Jeff are swamped helping other customers, I want to make sure you know that we all appreciate your ringing endorsement of 1Password. I myself have only just started working for Agile recently, but the main reasons I wanted to do so were their excellent products and excellent customer service. I have never worked anywhere like Agile before. :-)

A lot of companies pay lip service to not wanting employees overworked, excellent customer service, great products, etc. Agile is the real deal. I think I am still getting used to how much time they encourage us to spend with customers while encouraging frequent breaks. Agile is an absolutely one of a kind company (in the best way possible), and we couldn't do it without great customers like you.

Thanks so much for being a part of the Agile family!
  • donebylee
    donebylee
    Community Member
    Ok, so I am changing banks and 1P is screwing up with my new bank!!!!!!

I hope you can fix this one:

Schwab / login page: https://client.schwab.com/Login/SignOn/CustomerCenterLogin.aspx?&kc=y

G&F fills in the info then presents me with this page: https://client.schwab.com/Login/Clwe/Clwe.aspx

I have to page back and hit the return key in order to logon.

Please, help me fix this. I am very close to giving up on 1P.
  • Hello Lee,

Sorry you're having this issue with Schwab. I don't have a schwab account to fully test the site, but since you do, would you please try the following:

1. Copy your username and password to a safe place, and then delete your current schwab saved login. It will be in the Trash for later retrieval, if needed.

2. Return to the first schwab URL, enter your username and password and click submit.
    • Are you redirected to the second URL again?
    • Does 1Password prompt you to save your login for the schwab site?

3. If you are still having the same issues as you originally described:
    • Edit your saved login entry, and change the Submit value to "Never". When you launch the schwab entry from within 1Password or the browser extension, do your username & password Fill, but not submit? If so, when manually submitting, are you still sent to the second URL you posted?

During my testing, I experienced the same second URL redirect that you did with Submit set to "If Autosubmit is ON", but that may be due to the fact that I do not have an actual valid account. However, when I set Submit to "Never", manually submitting the Filled data did not redirect me to the second URL.

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Simply saving a new Login should do the trick. Please try saving a new Login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Also, please be sure you are up to date with 1Password and the Safari extension, or are you using a different browser?

There was an autosubmit issue a while ago that may have been clicking the "New User" link to the right of the "Login ID" field, but this should be resolved in the latest versions of 1Password and the Safari extension. Saving a new Login should confirm that.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks!
  • donebylee
    donebylee
    Community Member
    Yep, new build, same crap.

This is just too precious.

I remember when this company knew what they were doing.
  • Hi Lee,

I'm sorry that we didn't get back to you sooner and that we haven't fixed this issue. I can certainly confirm that this doesn't work with Go and Fill. You'll need to turn off auto-submit feature to let 1Password fill in and then you can press the submit button. We'll try to get this fixed as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

To turn off autosubmit:

To disable the Auto-submit feature for a particular web site:
    1) Open the main 1Password application, go to the Logins section and select the Login item for the site.
    2) Press the edit button and change its Submit option to "Never".
    3) Press the save button to save it.
  • Lee, a quick update:

It should work on https://www.schwab.com/ instead of the login page. Please update the Login to use that URL instead of the Login page. You can visit the site at https://www.schwab.com/, click on the 1Password button, and then click the right arrow next to your Login item, press 'Edit' and change the URL to https://www.schwab.com/. Save it and then try to do the Go and Fill.

I hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.