iPad Master Password Entry Field Disappears When Keyboard Exposed

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member

With iPad in landscape orientation and setting up Dropbox sync with a new installation, the field prompting for the master password after downloading the encryption keys file disappears when the keyboard is exposed. It still accepts the password though.

Comments

• d2theustin
    d2theustin
    Community Member

Hi team - this is happening to me too

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni

@Penelope Pitstop‌ This issue is fixed in b43, thanks!

@d2theustin‌ I'm not sure that this issue is the same. Can you please let me know if you still see it in b43?

• d2theustin
    d2theustin
    Community Member

@Nik This is still present in b43 Steps to re-produce:

Start in Portrait orientation
    1. Install fresh copy for 1pw
    2. Select I'm an existing user
    3. Select Sync with Dropbox
    4. (My account shows up, but you can signin to your account)
    5. Select the keychain you want to use
    When it says "Please unlock your 1Password data in Dropbox to continue rotate the iPad to landscape mode.
    Observe input field disappears but you can still type, if you type and then rotate you can see your input has filled the field.

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

Exactly the same as the issue I reported. I haven't had time to test if it is still there in b43 though (released during the night for me).

Wouldn't be the first time for landscape orientation on the iPad to be an issue. I remember reporting lots of similar issues when 1PW became available for iPad. For some reason that is the orientation I prefer.

• MrRooni
    edited March 2014

Thanks for the steps, @d2theustin. I will open an issue for this one in our internal bug tracker.

Penelope, Please let us know of any other portrait issues you find in the beta, we're doing our best to make 1Password orientation agnostic. Thanks!

• Also, Penelope, I apologize. We should have read your original post a little closer since you did report this issue correctly the first time.

This discussion has been closed.