[First Run] B46

Fedorov
Fedorov
Community Member

Hi Guys, appreciate the chance to help test.

Chose Dropbox so it could import my existing AppStore version of data. 161 items loaded in around 10 seconds. All good so far.

The cleaner iOS 7 style layout really improves this app so much. Swipe to go back and the improved browser are already noticeable.

As mentioned in another post, the lack of a spinning sprocket to signify syncing is in progress is a big miss right now. I spinning doesn't fit the flatter style how about just make it flash or fill it solid and empty it alternately.

Already finding the cleaner layout so much easier to use. No longer feels cramped or feels like you can't fit something in a box. Excellent.

I know it's a beta but I feel like putting this on my homescreen and don't want to go back to the AppStore version ;)

Minor typo: Settings > Help > Quick Tour...... 2nd slide the Secure Note text says "willbe" should be "will be"

Looking forward to more testing!
Paul

Comments

• Hello @Fedorov‌ !

Thanks for the kind words and the great feedback. We're so glad to have you on the team. I have fixed that spelling mistake, you should see it squared away in beta 47. Sharp eyes!

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Thank you!

I've just installed B46 on my iPad Air, noticed it said 160 items after the initial Dropbox sync so I opened up b46 on my iPhone 5 to compare side-by-side...

iPhone 5 had 161 items - I looked down each category and the Social Security numbers had 10 entries on my iPhone but only 9 on the iPad.

I went into settings in iPad and hit the Sync Now and it now says 161 total items and I now have 10 Social Security items.

So appears an issue with that very first sync?

• Hi @Fedorov‌,

It sounds like maybe it failed to upload in time on the iPhone but it eventually got through, like a sync conflict or something else. Can you create a few fake items on the iPhone, let it sync, and test again on the iPad. See if all have arrived safely.

If you look at the Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Sync History, it should give you more details.

We're still working on improving the syncing as it is still a bit raw in the code. Expect a lot of improvements in the next few weeks on this.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Thanks Mike - as of B47 it's not syncing anything from iOS back to Dropbox if you add it on iOS. So as per my reply on the b47 syncing post I've had to email myself the new item I added on the beta, delete the beta then open the email link into the AppStore version of 1password to ensure I've got it in the app and synced back to Dropbox

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member

Have you tried disabling sync and setting it up again? If that fails, delete the beta from your device and reinstall it. I had similar trouble with sync in b47 until I did this, then sync started working pretty reliably for me.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Yes thanks for the suggestion - deleted, reinstalled, setup Dropbox sync again and all is working fine. I've just deleted 2 items and it now shows it has just performed a sync in the "Last Sync"
    Opened AppStore version and both items also removed :)

• Great to hear!

This discussion has been closed.