If syncing with iCloud presently, changing it to Dropbox will take you back to iCloud [Will fix]

Bushwhack
Bushwhack
Community Member
edited March 2014 in iOS

I am encountering an issue and pretty sure it's not an intended function. When set up to sync with iCloud and going into settings > sync and select a new sync option I am prompted with an option to disable sync and data won't be affected. Once acknowledged the iCloud setup sync option appears ignoring my request to switch to Dropbox. This requires me to bit cancel to select Dropbox as a option.

Edit: also confirmed on my phone.

Comments

• Did you see this issue with beta 46? If so I'm not quite sure I follow the steps to recreate it.

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member

I haven't seen the issue with 46. I'll check that out. I just wanted to note that switching sync services from iCloud to Dropbox results in the icloud option reappearing after accepting the option to disconnect from iCloud to switch to Dropbox.

I can detail this better later to clarify after I look at beta 46 issues.

• Hi @Bushwhack‌,

I was able to reproduce the problem. I created a screenshot, so that the dev team will know what's going on:

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member

Yes! This is exactly it @MikeT‌ - thanks for looking into this more. I was just getting ready to post follow up that I believed this was completely separate issue. Guess my screenshots won't be needed cause yours did the trick.

• Hi @Bushwhack‌,

Great, thank you for reporting this! We'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

I believe this was still present in the latest beta although i think I saw it was fixed in the latest release notes.

Steps are same as before:
    Switching from iCloud to Dropbox while tapping Dropbox when iCloud sync is setup results in 1password prompting to setup iCloud NOT Dropbox. Hitting cancel now prompts a crash to homescreen.

I believe he homescreen crash is the only new point in this bug.

EDIT: saw another mention of same bug here - http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/22315/app-crashes-when-you-cancel-icloud-confirmed-shows-pop-up-to-confirm-icloud-after-that-confirmed#latest

• Thanks Bushwhack, I'll check it out and see what went wrong.

This discussion has been closed.