My impressions of the beta on Galaxy Note 3

balboah
balboah
Community Member

Good job! Feels much better than the other version that is officially released on the google play.

Here are the things I would like to tweak if I could:

• The "copy" option on the drop down of one item in the list of logins should copy the password, not the login which I most of the times already know.
  • The drop down menu on the right button inside one of the login items feels easy to miss, also it would be nice to keep the "touch and hold to copy password" feature from the old app.
  • Multiple vaults support (duh)
  • The built in browser doesn't work that well, I'm not able to zoom out enough to see the whole page like in Chrome for example.
  • Samsung has a feature to show multiple windows on the screen simultaneously, 1password would be the perfect match for this as I usually have to login to 1password, copy the password, switch application and paste. I could just have 1password visible at the same time as my browser instead. They also support drag and drop between applications that enables it.

Keep up the good work!

Comments

• Hey @balboah! Thanks so much for your great suggestions. Here are my thoughts on each one of your points:

The "copy" option on the drop down of one item in the list of logins should copy the password, not the login which I most of the times already know.

You're right, this should copy your password instead of your username. This is how 1Password is designed on iOS. It's important for us to have consistency across all platforms. I will pass this on, thank you. :)

The drop down menu on the right button inside one of the login items feels easy to miss, also it would be nice to keep the "touch and hold to copy password" feature from the old app.

We have gotten several requests about this, and it's being currently looked over by our designer and developers. I will add your vote for this feature request.

Multiple vaults support (duh)

Of course. This has been among the most requested feature on both iOS and Android. I added your vote. :)

The built in browser doesn't work that well, I'm not able to zoom out enough to see the whole page like in Chrome for example.

1Password uses the built-in web view to display your web page content, and it comes no where close to a real browser such as Chrome. However, our development team is currently looking into improving the browsing functionality. Keep an eye out for updates. ;)

Samsung has a feature to show multiple windows on the screen simultaneously, 1password would be the perfect match for this as I usually have to login to 1password, copy the password, switch application and paste. I could just have 1password visible at the same time as my browser instead. They also support drag and drop between applications that enables it.

Great suggestion, I will pass on your request for Multi Window support on Samsung devices.

Thanks again for all of your feedback. We really appreciate it. Let us know if you have any more. :)

• balboah
    balboah
    Community Member

Just wanted to mention that LastPass now has the ability to fill in login information into any app on my Android, you might want to look into how that works. That's really a deal breaker for me so I'm switching to them for now.

• Sorry to see you go. :( We are always looking to improve 1Password, and we have a lot of cool stuff coming in the near future. Thanks for helping us with the beta. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.