B48 - dropbox sync issue after upgrade from B47

Fedorov
Fedorov
Community Member

Similar to when upgrading from b46 to b47, after upgrading my iPhone from b47 to the new b48 I went into sync settings and the "Last Sync" is just blank.
Tapping Sync Now does nothing, last sync remains blank.

I then chose to Disable Sync and added Dropbox again, it immediately shows a Last Sync "In progress" and "xx seconds" and pressing Sync Now also updates this status.

All working but still an issue if you upgrade from a previous beta you need to get rid of dropbox link and set it up again.

Comments

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

@Fedorov Yep, this is still a bug and reported as such in the release notes: [BUG] Sync settings do not migrate from existing 1Password 4 setups. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon

• rosenkrieger
    rosenkrieger
    Community Member

I tried the suggest, but I am still having no-sync issues. I removed the Dropbox-Link. Closed 1Password and then linked it again with my dropbox. But nothing happens. Neither does it sync automatically nor does it work if I press Sync Now :-(

This happens on my iPhone 5 and also on my iPad Mini Retina.

No working Dropbox-Sync for me :-(

• Thanks for the report @federov, we'll keep an eye on this one. @HRD, that release is note actually refers to not being able to migrate sync settings from the current version of 1Password for iOS that's in the App Store.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

I'll update b47 to b48 on my iPad when I get home and confirm the same beta upgrade issue and if the same steps fixed it.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Happy to confirm the same behaviour on iPad air. Allowed b47 to upgrade to b48, unlocked and Last Sync is blank and pressing Sync Now does nothing.

Tapped on the existing Dropbox entry, chose to Disable Sync then chose to add Dropbox again and all working as expected.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

@MrRooni I note your comment but, with respect, that is not the point. The beta has a bug that others have pointed out that does need to be addressed rather than 'keep an eye on'

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Same issue as above after upgrading to B49 from B48 - disable sync and add Dropbox again to get it working

• rosenkrieger
    rosenkrieger
    Community Member

Same issue here. NOTHING IS WORKING FOR ME. Even if I disable Sync and add Dropbox again. So since B47 I am unable to sync anything. No matter if i use my iPhone or the iPad Mini :-(

• rosenkrieger
    rosenkrieger
    Community Member

UPDATE: I now did the obvious. I delete the Beta from my iPhone and reinstalled it. Right now it is downloading the initial Dropbox 1Password Database. Hopefully it will work also once I add new items.

• @HRD You're absolutely right. We haven't been able to reproduce this particular issue internally yet and with out daily beta schedule I wanted to see if the problem persists each time a new release comes out.

@Fedorov‌, one thing I would ask you to try is leaving the app sit for a bit before resetting the sync setup and see what happens. I will dig in more on this end and see what I can come up with.

@rosenkrieger Are there any errors that are posted when you try to sync with Dropbox? Just to be clear, you're tapping on Settings > Sync > Sync Service and then either Change Dropbox or Disable Sync, correct?

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

I still need to update to b49 on iPad so will try that but you'd think hitting the Sync Now would work if it was going to at all :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

@MrRonni Just installed b50. Still no progress on sync with Dropbox issue when you update the beta. I have to say, I am surprised you cannot reproduce this as numerous users are reporting this.

• We've got a fix coming for beta 51 or 52 that will most likely address this issue. Thanks for the reports!

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

@MrRooni As you are no doubt aware, this issue is still there in beta 51.

• @HRD You're absolutely right. I'm going to be focusing on taking care of this issue today. Thanks for your persistence and insistence!

• Good new everyone! Beta 52 (due out in a few hours) fixes this issue. I've confirmed it myself, but I encourage you to independently verify it for me. Thanks again!

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

I can confirm that upgrading to Beta 52 sync first time after upgrading thank you :)

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member

Same here! Thanks for fixing this.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

All good now

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member

Thanks, Michael. Works for me.